Pollard says Texas "can't leave soon enough"

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Texas is that popular kid in HS that everyone reveres, sucks up to, wants to be in the same room as, and will die just to be noticed....then later on in Junior/Senior year you just really realize that kid is a giant **** that was born on third base.
On some days, they remind me of Judge smails grandson. I hear SEC gives nicknames to all their newcomers. Texas is Flounder.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I assume Texas fans are now spouting off about how little old ISU should be grateful to have its games played on their failed, soon-to-be disbanded TV network?
Yep read the comments to this tweet. They are saying ISU should be thanking Texas and OU for the money they received and will miss the money when they’re gone. Sounds like these feeble minded OU and UT fans missed the memo that the Big 12 will be the solid #3 revenue conference even after OU and UT leaving.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yep read the comments to this tweet. They are saying ISU should be thanking Texas and OU for the money they received and will miss the money when they’re gone. Sounds like these feeble minded OU and UT fans missed the memo that the Big 12 will be the solid #3 revenue conference even after OU and UT leaving.

The hosts were answering comments during the live show.

Answered a Texas fan by saying how much of that money is going into fan's pockets.

They also said JP sounds pretty happy with money position of ISU.

So it's a garbage dig by a team out the door. **** Texas.

Edit:. JP also talked about a clandestine meeting of the have nots the last time this went down. Realized not everyone was there and there were have nots within the have nots

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I assume Texas fans are now spouting off about how little old ISU should be grateful to have its games played on their failed, soon-to-be disbanded TV network?
Yeah, the tweet below is from a Texas fan who seems to think that opposing schools would rather play on the Longhorn Network than ESPN+. Despite how much people hate ESPN+, I'm not sure there's anyone who would rather play on LHN.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Two days after A and M leaked OuT, Orangebloods, said “Big 12 has to die”. It sure didn’t end up the way DelConte envisioned it.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Perhaps Pollard is playing to his audience here, because on the call-in show Monday he said obviously we'd rather have not had Texas and Oklahoma leave.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Perhaps Pollard is playing to his audience here, because on the call-in show Monday he said obviously we'd rather have not had Texas and Oklahoma leave.

I think that CF article headline is misleading and takes his comment out of context. The quote came after he was asked about playing on the LHN. Everyone hates the LHN, and it will cease to exist when Texas joins the SEC.

• Agree
Reactions: CrossCyed and Trice

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Yeah, the tweet below is from a Texas fan who seems to think that opposing schools would rather play on the Longhorn Network than ESPN+. Despite how much people hate ESPN+, I'm not sure there's anyone who would rather play on LHN.

The replies on that tweet get dumber and dumber. UT fans claiming that Texas will still get $15 million in Tier 3 rights in the SEC (good joke that the SEC is allowing LHN), thinking that the Big 12 is screwed for revenue when UT OU leave (solidly #3 overall in revenue even after OU, UT leave). Lots of egotistical fans ready to get their asses humbled in the SEC.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

lol these guys know that LHN will go away after the SEC move, right? The only people who have it are Texas fans. That's exactly why people complain, even ESPN+ is more accessible and puts out a better product than LHN.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Ask Texas would they rather lose to Kansas on the SHN or to Vanderbilt on the SEC network.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I think that CF article headline is misleading and takes his comment out of context. The quote came after he was asked about playing on the LHN. Everyone hates the LHN, and it will cease to exist when Texas joins the SEC.

Agreed. He absolutely didn't explicitly say *Texas* can't leave soon enough - though like most Cyclone fans, I certainly feel that way and I'd imagine privately Pollard does too.

The question was about the LHN.

• Agree
Reactions: LeaningCy

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois

Nah, I'm sure if you could rewrite history and if Texas and Oklahoma weren't the asshats that they are then it would be good for them to be part of this conference. But given their public intentions over the past 2+ years, I'm sure he feels like most of us - GTFO ASAP. It's not playing to audiences or talking out both sides of your mouth. It's the context of the questions being asked.

Reactions: VeloClone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm trying to figure out if Texas or the PAC 12(10) has a more distorted view of themselves.

Texas had all of the money. They'll have even more of the money. Cool. Joe fan isn't seeing any of it and all of the money hasn't brought dominance to the Big 12.

Do go away mad. Just go away.

Reactions: GMackey32

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Nah, I'm sure if you could rewrite history and if Texas and Oklahoma weren't the asshats that they are then it would be good for them to be part of this conference. But given their public intentions over the past 2+ years, I'm sure he feels like most of us - GTFO ASAP. It's not playing to audiences or talking out both sides of your mouth. It's the context of the questions being asked.

Hell. If the USC-UCLA stuff happened and OUT was a committed member of the Big 12 we'd have one hell of a good chance to pick apart the PAC and have SEC level revenue.

Texas would've still been in the top 5 of revenue.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
He can hold the view "I wish they'd have stayed, but once they decided to leave just pay us our money and GTFO." Bellyaching about wanting to leave early without paying is BS. Now that we've agreed on terms, just go away.