Pollard Agrees to Extension at ISU

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This is excellent news. I'm sure this will help keep CMC happy, too. Kinda important, you know.

Reactions: RonBurgundy and jsb

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well deserved. I also saw he is the 4th longest serving FBS AD behind only Oklahoma's Joe Castiglione, Kentucky's Mitch Barnhart and Ohio State's Gene Smith.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
1000%. He changed the culture, he thought and thinks BIG and has been a steady leader (not perfect) through so many situations.

Absolutely!!!

The “haters” like to only look at the small picture and coaching hires. There is so much more to being a successful AD than that!

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
He isn’t perfect and he has his quirks but I’ll be damned if I would want anyone but him in that job. Today is a good day to be a Cyclone.

Everyday is a good day to be a Cyclone, but this one just got a whole lot better.

We just retained one of the top 5 AD's in the nation, not to keep him from leaving, but because this is truly where he wants to be, a part of:

CYCLONE NATION!!!!!!!!!!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
1000%. He changed the culture, he thought and thinks BIG and has been a steady leader (not perfect) through so many situations.

He's not without his faults (as are most good, real world leaders) but the absolute change in direction, position, culture, and expectations since when I was a freshman (back in '03) vs when I graduated vs now is absolutely crazy. Never in my life did I expect us to be a serious contender as a football program. MBB has had some definite highs and lows in that time frame but even then it's a big change.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
He's not without his faults (as are most good, real world leaders) but the absolute change in direction, position, culture, and expectations since when I was a freshman (back in '03) vs when I graduated vs now is absolutely crazy. Never in my life did I expect us to be a serious contender as a football program. MBB has had some definite highs and lows in that time frame but even then it's a big change.

When I was at ISU in the late 90’s and early 2000, I worked part time in the athletic office (sales outreach) and I would call on companies for group ticket packages, sell the tailgating tents north of JTS, new thing the AD was attempting and I swear almost daily I talked to contacts in these companies saying that Iowa has been doing this for years and was happy someone from ISU finally was trying to sell themselves in an organized outreach method. I remember telling BVD about what the companies where saying and he had a look of surprise to learn Iowa was years ahead on this. Well, maybe not surprise, but there was no “well, I know that” just more of a “great, keep making those calls”

JP alone turned marketing around in the first year with some of his actions , which has paid dividends 15 years later.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
When I was at ISU in the late 90’s and early 2000, I worked part time in the athletic office (sales outreach) and I would call on companies for group ticket packages, sell the tailgating tents north of JTS, new thing the AD was attempting and I swear almost daily I talked to contacts in these companies saying that Iowa has been doing this for years and was happy someone from ISU finally was trying to sell themselves in an organized outreach method. I remember telling BVD about what the companies where saying and he had a look of surprise to learn Iowa was years ahead on this. Well, maybe not surprise, but there was no “well, I know that” just more of a “great, keep making those calls”

JP alone turned marketing around in the first year with some of his actions , which has paid dividends 15 years later.

A "look of surprise" implies that Bruce had a personality