PERHAPS NOT THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO ISU

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I wanted ISU to be undefeated going into big Monday to play the HayJocks, and to be honest I am a little disappointed with our performance against OU, although a loss in conference was bound to happen at some point. But besides Kane rolling his ankle I believe this wasn't the worst time and place to get a loss if we had to have one.

1. The team doesn't have to sit on this loss for 3-4 days.....they get a short turn-around against KU on Monday to wash the taste out of their mouth.

2. This loss didn't come too late in the season. I believe it is a good TIME for the loss, not close enough for anything to be on the line where winning is a must. (I.E. Big12 title or NCAA seating time)

3. I also think the "Undefeated" thing begins to build up unseen stress, being undefeated is optimal but also is a burden. Hey, being perfect always is a burden.

4. I am a firm believer you learn a lot not just from winning but from losing, it shows how teams can attack you and where your weaknesses and areas for improvement are. I believe a loss gives the players and coaches something to really improve on to get better.

and finally-

5. I believe OU is a good team just not going to be in the hunt for the Big12 title this year. IF you are going to give up a loss to an opponent try not to lose to someone you will be contending with later in March for the title.

I know too long and probably stating the obvious, but after sleeping on the loss I feel better that CFH and the gang will be ready Monday.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I wanted ISU to be undefeated going into big Monday to play the HayJocks, and to be honest I am a little disappointed with our performance against OU, although a loss in conference was bound to happen at some point. But besides Kane rolling his ankle I believe this wasn't the worst time and place to get a loss if we had to have one.

1. The team doesn't have to sit on this loss for 3-4 days.....they get a short turn-around against KU on Monday to wash the taste out of their mouth.

2. This loss didn't come too late in the season. I believe it is a good TIME for the loss, not close enough for anything to be on the line where winning is a must. (I.E. Big12 title or NCAA seating time)

3. I also think the "Undefeated" thing begins to build up unseen stress, being undefeated is optimal but also is a burden. Hey, being perfect always is a burden.

4. I am a firm believer you learn a lot not just from winning but from losing, it shows how teams can attack you and where your weaknesses and areas for improvement are. I believe a loss gives the players and coaches something to really improve on to get better.

and finally-

5. I believe OU is a good team just not going to be in the hunt for the Big12 title this year. IF you are going to give up a loss to an opponent try not to lose to someone you will be contending with later in March for the title.

I know too long and probably stating the obvious, but after sleeping on the loss I feel better that CFH and the gang will be ready Monday.

Why did you have to yell at me to get me to come to this thread?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

and finally-

Tell me about it.

Murphcy

Sep 9, 2012
God's Country.
Exactly how i look at it. If they came out and got crushed by OU I would feel different but they just didn't play there game Saturday seemed like our intensity was low (who's intense at 11am anyway?) Get back and get right. Let's go Gold Monday!

and finally-

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If we were going to lose a game, I'm glad it can largely be blamed on poor rebounding. That's been a negative trend lately that needs to change, and we certainly have the personnel to do so.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
OU just played their A game. That happens sometimes. At the same time we need to make more free throws and find a dependable three point game.

Side note on other games. WVU looked better. KSU laid an egg. TT did okay. TCU is the dregs. OSU is struggling.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Last year we lost at Tech, we lost at OU, we lost at home to KU.
This year we are 1-1 going into this trifecta, with a great chance to go 2-1. Sitting okay if you ask me.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Which ref crew will we get? The Higginites or who? Need refs who can move fast.

That said, shall we complain about the refs pre game? :twitcy:

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
To be honest. We made some mistakes. Some shot selection decisions I scratched my head about at times, but overall I was pleased how we played against Oklahoma. Spangler getting all those rebounds was a huge factor I thought.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron