Penalty on Dicker's miss off the upright

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Check the replay. Bankston shifts right before the snap, which wouldn't give the official the chance to help him out.
Yep. Luckily Bankston made up for it by making the last FG more difficult with the sack

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Never seen that called and tv didn’t show a replay or even talk about it. Those screen shots... wow brutal.

Reactions: MartyFine

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure I saw Texas violating the 2 yard restricted area along the sideline like every play.....It's ******** the referee didn't throw the flag every play. That and Herman didn't always have his mask on. He's probably guility of thought crimes too....he hasn't proved he isn't. So many travesties of justice not called by this referee crew....they shredded the Constitution.
And there little lucky irishman didn't have a mask period and he was next to herman all game.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thank you. The angle of camera isn't perfect, but it does appear that Latrell's left knee is lined up over the snappers left knee, at the least.
I did not know of this rule. Two years huh? Still it did not look like penalty worthy to me. I'll wait till I see it on video.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If that gets called then it should get called a lot more. I am not necessarily opposed to this call, but if that is going to get called it should get called a lot more.

Seriously. I don't think I've ever heard it called, but I'll bet it could be called on about 50% of the line of scrimmage kicks.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sure...by the letter of the law, it was a penalty. Also, by the letter of the law, it should have been about 1st and 50 at one point during the last series thanks to all the holding calls against Texas.

Reactions: Spanky