Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Just signed up, it's not much, but better than nothing I suppose.
I just hope my $ goes towards the traitor, Adam Gray's, toilet paper fund. Lord knows he has explosive diarrhea at least once per day... Poor fella.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I just hope my $ goes towards the traitor, Adam Gray's, toilet paper fund. Lord knows he has explosive diarrhea at least once per day... Poor fella.

Thanks for signing up and supporting CF! Your generosity has allowed me to go from single ply toilet paper to Charmin Ultra Soft.

I can't thank you enough!

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

I thought it was Chris that took the laxitives.

Whoops didn’t read far enough down.

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a huge waste of money to send Stansbury and even Chris Williams to games in person.

What's the benefit? We get the same quotes as every other news source because they're coming from the same presser.

I don't think Jared or Chris being there really adds anything, although I'm sure it's nice for them.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a huge waste of money to send Stansbury and even Chris Williams to games in person.

What's the benefit? We get the same quotes as every other news source because they're coming from the same presser.

I don't think Jared or Chris being there really adds anything, although I'm sure it's nice for them.

You think they get all their stuff from the pressers?

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa

Then get off CF and pay for the newspaper.

Was unaware there so many cheapskates on here.

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
The vast majority of it.

I don't think that Chris and Jared are sitting with the players after the game specifically for CF if that's what you're asking. Even if they were, I don't think there's much benefit to any of it.

We all watched the game. Hearing their take or insight on it probably offers mostly nothing that hasn't been said a million times in the game thread or post game thread.

It's a waste of resources and if I was running the site I would get rid of it.

When it's all said and done, Chris, Jared and all the other "journalists" are just like us.

I saw the post on this from Chris and meant to give before but didn't get around to it.

When I saw that they used the $$ to send Jared to the Missouri game, it made me re-think it.

I don't want my money supporting this in any way:

"Weiler-Babb cannot wait to change mentalities until he thinks his team needs it because the reality of the matter is they need it the second the ball is thrown in the air."

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
D bag.
The vast majority of it.

I don't think that Chris and Jared are sitting with the players after the game specifically for CF if that's what you're asking. Even if they were, I don't think there's much benefit to any of it.

We all watched the game. Hearing their take or insight on it probably offers mostly nothing that hasn't been said a million times in the game thread or post game thread.

When it's all said and done, Chris, Jared and all the other "journalists" are just like us.

I saw the post on this from Chris and meant to give before but didn't get around to it.

When I saw that they used the $$ to send Jared to the Missouri game, it made me re-think it.

"Weiler-Babb cannot wait to change mentalities until he thinks his team needs it because the reality of the matter is they need it the second the ball is thrown in the air."

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
The vast majority of it.

Wow, you really got me on that one. Did you brainstorm it with your Hawkeye Lounge friends before or come up with it on your own?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

You simply couldn't be more wrong here.

If we all just covered games from our living rooms, we would never be around the program. When you're never around the program, you don't develop sources. When you don't develop sources, you can't give quality information to your audience.

And those press conferences you're talking about ... who do you expect to ask the questions? In addition to all of that, there is so much more that goes on before, during and after events that allows us to serve our audience better when it comes to gaining perspective, which is often when casual fans don't get the luxury of having due to the lack of access. The media gets that access, and it's our job to relay it to the fans.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
You simply couldn't be more wrong here.

If we all just covered games from our living rooms, we would never be around the program. When you're never around the program, you don't develop sources. When you don't develop sources, you can't give quality information to your audience.

And those press conferences you're talking about ... who do you expect to ask the questions? In addition to all of that, there is so much more that goes on before, during and after events that allows us to serve our audience better when it comes to gaining perspective, which is often when casual fans don't get the luxury of having due to the lack of access. The media gets that access, and it's our job to relay it to the fans.

Damn it, this is a very well thought out response that I'm disappointed he won't see. :confused:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

I can honestly say that I maybe 5-10 percent of the information I have on Iowa State from press conferences. No hyperbole at all. The longer I've been around, the less valuable press conferences have become. You get info when games aren't going on. That's how you best serve your audience, by constantly being on call. Press conferences are more of a formality than anything anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone.TV