Passing of Jantzy

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
A few of you may recall how my family came to adopt a dog from near Ames. We named him after Cyclone legend Steele Jantz after a big win.

We are saddened to report that our beloved Jantzy has died. This beautiful piebald long-haired dachshund was adopted over ten years ago and named for #2 Jantz.

He will be missed.

1640065824262.png

B787

Hates Money
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2018
That really sucks! Incredibly painful, but I hope you’re able to celebrate all of the joy he brought your family. Really sorry for your loss.

Reactions: cyfan21

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I gotta just say it. When you have a dog and if you ever come home and your dog isn't there, say someone's watching it/kennelled for a weekend at a business, your house doesn't feel the same.
Our dog is up there in age too and I fear that.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Doxies are wonderful. Jantzy looks so handsome. Ours is a blast and a wonderful companion. My heart goes out to you at this time of loss. :(

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
A few of you may recall how my family came to adopt a dog from near Ames. We named him after Cyclone legend Steele Jantz after a big win.

We are saddened to report that our beloved Jantzy has died. This beautiful piebald long-haired dachshund was adopted over ten years ago and named for #2 Jantz.

He will be missed.

View attachment 93546

Dogs are absolutely the best creatures to inhabit this planet. Sorry for your loss.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So saddened by your loss.

Our 13 year old good boy, who was our only activity during lockdown, passed away this year too. Just breaks your heart.

Got another shelter puppy a few months ago. Hard to go from well trained to crazed pup again at our age.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Ms3r4ISU

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

He will be missed.

View attachment 93546

Sorry to hear. Sounds like you gave him a great home. We put our older lab down a few months ago, she was 13. Tough stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: aauummm

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Sorry for your loss.

Could we add a "my dog" to the thread title? My heart sunk legit thinking it was terrible news about Steele.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I never had pets growing up, I'm 37, my first pet (dog: miniature schnauzer) is 15 and going down hill fast. I'm gonna be a ******* wreck here in a few.

Sorry for your loss @StClone

I grew up with a Miniature Schnauzer. He started having seizures my sophomore year in Ames. My mom called me one day and said he wasn’t doing very well. Jumped in the car, came home and said my good byes. Very, very sad. Took me six years to get another dog. A lab/boarder collie mix my wife and I got before kids. We had to put him down, a dog that had been in our family longer than our two daughters, a couple years ago. I want to get another one, but I think my wife is done with dogs. Can’t handle it.

Dogs are a wonderful thing, but they are gut wrenching at the same time.

OP…so sorry for your loss.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I grew up with a Miniature Schnauzer. He started having seizures my sophomore year in Ames. My mom called me one day and said he wasn’t doing very well. Jumped in the car, came home and said my good byes. Very, very sad. Took me six years to get another dog. A lab/boarder collie mix my wife and I got before kids. We had to put him down, a dog that had been in our family longer than our two daughters, a couple years ago. I want to get another one, but I think my wife is done with dogs. Can’t handle it.

Dogs are a wonderful thing, but they are gut wrenching at the same time.

OP…so sorry for your loss.
The worst is when my 2.5 year old daughter gets up in the morning and says she misses him and asks if he's feeling any better.

We had to put our 11 year old dog down about 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't wish going through this on my worst enemy. Feels like losing a family member.

Help Support Us

Become a patron