Parking Pass and Donations

CysLoveChild

Dec 8, 2011
Ames, IA
Companies like Principal and Wells & Im assuming most others discontinued their matching gifts to their employees for this type of fringe benefit. Good luck to those trying to get paved lots.

Wells Fargo employee here - they are actually allowing a match of 80% of donation, up to $5k for this year (same as previous years), but have acknowledged this will be their final year offering this type of matching donation for membership benefit clubs.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ISUtopia

Nov 12, 2011
Ankeny
Wells Fargo employee here - they are actually allowing a match of 80% of donation, up to $5k for this year (same as previous years), but have acknowledged this will be their final year offering this type of matching donation for membership benefit clubs.
I stand corrected on the timing for Wells...bad info that I received. I’m wondering if this last year of matching caused some Wells employees to bump up their donation with the match, especially with the home games that we have coming up. This “bump” happened when the new tax law was announced. I ended up paying a few years ahead on my donations so I could get the deduction before it ended. Just a thought...

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Last 2 years they have matched my ISU donation 100%. Will be interesting to see how the new program works. Im not totally ruling out that Wells wont match up to $2,000 but might take some some additional work getting it cordinated.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Brace yourself, I just tried to pick lot C6 at which I have been able to do for the past 3 years pretty comfortably and was only able to get C5. I called to see what was going on and was told C6 & B6 sold out at 1pm. I’m currently 267/655 in Captains. This will cause a domino effect and impact everyone else that still has to select parking. Sounds like there were quite a few new to Victory and Directors (wouldn’t say how many). This is pretty amazing since the new tax laws not only disallowed club donations to be 80% deductible for individuals but companies also weren’t allowed to take deductions. Companies like Principal and Wells & Im assuming most others discontinued their matching gifts to their employees for this type of fringe benefit. Good luck to those trying to get paved lots.

#231 in Captains here - B6 and C6 were gone when I went to pick as well.

• Informative
Reactions: keepngoal

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Conspiracy theory:

do you think they are reducing the number of spots they assign in the different paved lots? I get there are more joining the higher donor levels, but it seems like the disruption is more than just that.

They seem to have done that for basketball - I got tossed out of D4, but it was never more than half full. And the past 2 years, every time I walk thru there it is even less than half full.

I wonder if JP is reducing the spaces to motivate people to move up a level, as well as clear out some space for a happier parking/tailgating experience.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Conspiracy theory:

do you think they are reducing the number of spots they assign in the different paved lots? I get there are more joining the higher donor levels, but it seems like the disruption is more than just that.

They seem to have done that for basketball - I got tossed out of D4, but it was never more than half full. And the past 2 years, every time I walk thru there it is even less than half full.

I wonder if JP is reducing the spaces to motivate people to move up a level, as well as clear out some space for a happier parking/tailgating experience.

They are already turning away parking passes. He also promised free ones to those in G7 last year. If he did this, he could have a mess on his hands with having a few hundred more turned away.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Conspiracy theory:

Basketball parking has annoyed me since the get-go. The loyal fans who show up for every game walk through all of those empty lots from their spaces on the back forty. The football lots, though, are nearly always full.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Based on KC # and my #,: assuming a 9-5 daily time window (box office hours to resolve contingencies) and 15 minute time slots, estimate that 15 per time slot, or 60 per hour, selections occur. Variables remain as to how many spaces in each section, and where the selections are occuring currently. No wonder they have cut off parking passes.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Basketball parking has annoyed me since the get-go. The loyal fans who show up for every game walk through all of those empty lots from their spaces on the back forty. The football lots, though, are nearly always full.

Agreed. I can't remember, do you need season tickets to get a basketball parking pass or does everyone that donates over $500 automatically get one? It just doesn't seem like there are enough $5,000 level donors that are season ticket holders to justify the lot space. I'd be interested in seeing them sell a $50 parking pass like football to fill in some of those spots. Let higher level Captains into the Victory lots and then bring some of the Gold donors into C5 (captains lots).

It seems ridiculous to be at the Gold Level and often having to park in the backend C6, which may as well be public parking, and then walk through the 1/2 full Victory lots . I understand why there is little movement in terms of getting seats that align with donation level, at least give more of a parking perk for donating. And don't get me started how they let cars out of the donor lots after bball games...

• Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Based on KC # and my #,: assuming a 9-5 daily time window (box office hours to resolve contingencies) and 15 minute time slots, estimate that 15 per time slot, or 60 per hour, selections occur. Variables remain as to how many spaces in each section, and where the selections are occuring currently. No wonder they have cut off parking passes.

There are 116 positions different between a friend and myself. Our selection times are 2 hours and 15 minutes apart.

I wonder what percent of the 116 do not request football parking?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've always been in B3, but my time is May 2nd at 11:00 AM. Really hoping I still get B3 by that time.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Hmmm.....looks like a minimum 2 beer walk to JTS this year, guess I need the exercise! Maybe three if I have to wait in line at security/gate. If I miscalculate, guess I can always pick longest line, shouldn't waste beer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron