Parking Pass and Donations

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
We don't pick until next Friday morning...not holding my breath for getting anything.
There will be plenty of donor parking spots. There just might not be paved spots for everyone who wants/has been in a paved lot. And there probably will not be donor RV space for everyone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Are you cardinal or states?

This year I am nothing because I didn't sign up directly though Cyclone Club. FYI, I looked and had checked the Athletic Facilities Renovation Fund item from the checklist at ISU Foundation. Cyclone Club was no longer on the ISU Foundation checklist which makes sense because that's no longer a charity deduction.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I've been coming to games for 30ish years, but have only ever parked in general public around Scheman..until these last few years when Pollard & Co put a kibosh to that. I've also never tailgated to the east of the stadium.

I don't select a parking pass until next week, so any insight on G6 and G7? I'm not concerned about walking distance (I've parked in the towers plenty of times for games). How is the atmosphere in those lots? Any gameday photos people could share of their setups around G6 or G7?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've been coming to games for 30ish years, but have only ever parked in general public around Scheman..until these last few years when Pollard & Co put a kibosh to that. I've also never tailgated to the east of the stadium.

I don't select a parking pass until next week, so any insight on G6 and G7? I'm not concerned about walking distance (I've parked in the towers plenty of times for games). How is the atmosphere in those lots? Any gameday photos people could share of their setups around G6 or G7?

We were G7 for years, moved to paved for a few, and got bumped back down to G6 last season.

G7 is great. Decent environment for tailgaters, but plenty of non tailgater parking, which is nice. Getting out is a little bit of a PITA. G6 is much smaller, so harder to get a good spot for tailgating. A little easier to leave, I suppose.

I'm picking on Friday, so we've see where I end up!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Plenty of G-7 tailgaters swear by it. You will probably be hearing from several soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: GetAwesome

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Anyone else in cardinal get their date and time? My selection time is Friday, May 3rd. Seems really late for cardinal?

Someone said parking selection goes until May 7. I am May 2. As far as I know if you are a Cardinal ($500 and above) your only option is grass lots. Someone can correct me if they know otherwise.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

I love those lots (G6 and G7) and have parked there for years even though I could park and tailgate in the paved lots. I think they are cooler on hot days and there is way more tailgating space in general since there are no yellow parking lines like a paved lot has.

Downside: rain. But G7 people get moved to VetMed on wet days, so that's not bad.