Paddy's and Sips seem to be having problems

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've never had a good experience at Paddy's or Sips, but that's just me... As for Cy's roost. Went there last week with one of my friends from back home for FAC. We walked in and the whole place smelled of a high school guys locker room. It's like they just sprayed the whole thing down with Axe.... Very disgusting.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Haven't been to Paddy's in probably 8 years. Had some good times there back in the day. Seriously, how much can an exterminator cost?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm sure it was one of those sammich garnish toothpicks, right?

It was! And I'm sure it's really easy to have something like that happen when it's so late and everyone's tired. We moved out of town, so we've never made it back.

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
I'm not at all surprised. Most of the bars in Campustown are wretched, dilapidated, and vile places. I wish there were more places like Welch Ave and Cafe B. Even Charlie Yokes (used to be Headliners) seems somewhat clean.

Going to Sips, Cy's, and Paddy's, I mentally prepare myself to have my shoes stick to the floor and to have to breathe stale beer and urine fumes. Maybe I'm just turning into an old stick-in-the-mud, though.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Roaches found at Chasers now too, pretty sure they could find them at any of really dumpy campustown bars if they looked. WAS is the only bar that tries to keep things fixed up and somewhat cleanly imo, and it actually has a descent atmosphere.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
College bars are what they are. As long as no one is getting sick from the filth, patronize at your own risk. But you'd have to be an absolute idiot to order food at one of them.

D

DistrictCyclone

College bars are what they are. As long as no one is getting sick from the filth, patronize at your own risk. But you'd have to be an absolute idiot to order food at one of them.

Or just drunk.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
I'm not at all surprised. Most of the bars in Campustown are wretched, dilapidated, and vile places. I wish there were more places like Welch Ave and Cafe B. Even Charlie Yokes (used to be Headliners) seems somewhat clean.

Going to Sips, Cy's, and Paddy's, I mentally prepare myself to have my shoes stick to the floor and to have to breathe stale beer and urine fumes. Maybe I'm just turning into an old stick-in-the-mud, though.

I saw two fat rats humping in the supply closet at Cy's once. I had to get a couple more mugs to calm my nerves.

In hindsight it was the bartender humping some fat chick.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I disagree with the comment about college bars all being that way. I've been to quite a few college towns for games (Stillwater, Iowa City, Columbia, Norman) and ISU's are by far the nastiest. I'd rather pay $.50 more for a beer and be able to sit and stand in the place for awhile then drink in a complete dump

jmhbb3

May 13, 2010
Altoona, IA
Haven't been to Paddy's in probably 8 years. Had some good times there back in the day. Seriously, how much can an exterminator cost?

I was in there for FAC a few weeks back. Two Orkin guys came in a sprayed behind the bar right in front of us. I saw cockroaches climbing on the straws. I will never drink out of a straw there or even order a drink that comes with one.

Help Support Us

Become a patron