Our Grass Field and Spring Football

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
With Iowa weather I don't know how you can host a home football game in at least sometime in March without having to worry about snow covering the field. I could care less what the grass looks like in March, I just hope we have enough snow melt off to even play a game.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
With Iowa weather I don't know how you can host a home football game in at least sometime in March without having to worry about snow covering the field. I could care less what the grass looks like in March, I just hope we have enough snow melt off to even play a game.

I don’t think spring football will happen or is a good idea....but...you can move snow.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The turf always looked somewhat dormant in April for the spring game. Playing a game in March will be like that Drake game.

Reactions: TruClone

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If spring football happens, I think we see ISU installing turf with heating under it.

Not a fan of spring football, but mid-March games wouldn't be that bad. There seem to be a lot of Clone fans partying outside at P&L District in KC. And KC might be 5-7 degrees warmer.

February games would be hit or miss. No way games could be played with weather in Iowa 2 years ago. The only option might be UNI Some.

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
When we talk about "spring" football, what months are we really talking about?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If it were to happen, I'd guess the conference would have the northern schools on the road to start the season and at home later in the season.

Not sure how to handle non-conference. I'd guess we'd be looking at a shortened season anyways, so maybe you don't have that.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
If it were to happen, I'd guess the conference would have the northern schools on the road to start the season and at home later in the season.

Not sure how to handle non-conference. I'd guess we'd be looking at a shortened season anyways, so maybe you don't have that.

So we're bringing back baseball :jimlad:

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
What’s behind the certainty there will be no Spring football? Maybe things will be looking up in six months. Maybe not, but who knows.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What’s behind the certainty there will be no Spring football? Maybe things will be looking up in six months. Maybe not, but who knows.

There's just too much money on the table to not try as hard as possible to make spring football work. Spring football has a better chance than CBB just because of the financial implications.

Reactions: 608clone