OU president letter on joining SEC

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
11 AM starts are a problem when half your fan base are meth heads. That's about the time they start rolling out of bed.

tenor.gif

Reactions: xr4ticlone

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Was on my way to Ames today, and was coming up to a car with an Oklahoma license plate. I hate myself for it, but I did, for a second, think about how much I wish I had a rotten fruit I could throw, but immediately checked myself because I knew that was petty and childish.

Said car was stuck behind a dump truck in the right lane, while I was clear in the left when he signaled to change lanes in front of me. Uhhh…**** off Sir. Not gonna slide in front of this guy. Take the grill pebbles and eat ****.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What a bunch of BS joining the SEC to reach the goal of AAU membership. Not to mention the rest of the BS, :mad: :mad: :mad: :jimlad:

Maybe we can sponsor Okie Lite for AAU membership
Guys, OU is TOTALLY going to the SEC for its academic rep.
When I hear SEC I immediately think Superior Educational Conference . . . . . NOT.
:D :D :D

And so inspiring by OU sooner joe. Not much better than the recent article by our Te$as friends. Enjoy your new found millions and your temporary fame. Also enjoy being a large part of ruining college football.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When you get a press release on Friday afternoon, you suspect the source is trying to "be transparent," while really trying to hide it as much as possible. Check.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Was on my way to Ames today, and was coming up to a car with an Oklahoma license plate. I hate myself for it, but I did, for a second, think about how much I wish I had a rotten fruit I could throw, but immediately checked myself because I knew that was petty and childish.

Said car was stuck behind a dump truck in the right lane, while I was clear in the left when he signaled to change lanes in front of me. Uhhh…**** off Sir. Not gonna slide in front of this guy. Take the grill pebbles and eat ****.
I understand the urge to do stuff but remember, that might be an Okie State fan in that car. Or even an ISU grad who lives there, now back for a visit. Same with Texas plates, you could be assuming the worst, but they could be from any of dozens of other schools, even transplants from other states and not fans of UT whatsoever.

Think of it this way: How'd you like people in other states assuming you're a Hok fan cause you have Iowa license plates? <shivver>

Last edited:

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Thinking maybe Dr. Wintersteen ought to get more active in AAU affairs to further our standing as a research institution. As an Alum, I would definitely support such an effort on our behalf. Perhaps serve on some committees with the Association, maybe govt affairs, membership, by-laws, media relations; those type of committees. After all, our research is largely dependent on research grants, and we can't continue to be compared unfavorably to SEC schools. This would only damage our reputation, and make research dollars more difficult to obtain, perhaps resulting in the need to begin a heavy burden on research dollars coming from the Iowa legislature. We can't allow that to happen!!

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Bunch of BS. I love what these institutions of higher learning are pulling. Hey, let's teach our kids to be deceptive liars

• Winner
Reactions: Tornado man

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The most BS part was that the ever increasing cost of college athletics puts the academic side of OU at risk. Without going to the SEC, the school would need to subsidize the AD.

Did a quick Google search and 2018/19 fiscal OU had the 8th highest revenue in the NCAA at $163M. Way behind Texas' $224M, but far ahead of KU at $122M among Big12 schools.

In the SEC, OU would be right there with Bama as 4th/5th highest revenue in SEC.

Reactions: xr4ticlone

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
The most BS part was that the ever increasing cost of college athletics puts the academic side of OU at risk. Without going to the SEC, the school would need to subsidize the AD.

Did a quick Google search and 2018/19 fiscal OU had the 8th highest revenue in the NCAA at $163M. Way behind Texas' $224M, but far ahead of KU at $122M among Big12 schools.

In the SEC, OU would be right there with Bama as 4th/5th highest revenue in SEC.

Yea...but they're gonna have to play an SEC team in the Championship anyway...so they just as well play them all year. :rolleyes:

#texasfootball is the guy who can't hit AA pitching who thinks his .08 batting average is all because the pitching isn't fast enough.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What’s so hilarious is that the crap that guy is spewing isn’t even REMOTELY close to believable on SO many levels.

• Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Thinking maybe Dr. Wintersteen ought to get more active in AAU affairs to further our standing as a research institution. As an Alum, I would definitely support such an effort on our behalf. Perhaps serve on some committees with the Association, maybe govt affairs, membership, by-laws, media relations; those type of committees. After all, our research is largely dependent on research grants, and we can't continue to be compared unfavorably to SEC schools. This would only damage our reputation, and make research dollars more difficult to obtain, perhaps resulting in the need to begin a heavy burden on research dollars coming from the Iowa legislature. We can't allow that to happen!!

Huh? SEC has now (4) schools that are AAU and 1 of them is TX... Heck if Mizz hadnt gone to SEC then there would only be (2)..

WW is the President of the Patent and Trademark council for Universities..She is involved with several national boards academically...

Not sure what else WW can do.

I will say this...ISU needs to make sure they maintain AAU status...Losing that would be really really bad for ISU future.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron