OU president letter on joining SEC

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
U
Posted this in another thread, thought all fanatics might want to see it.

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

[/QUOTE
Uuuuuuhhhhhhhh yeah academics or something, SEC, did I spell that right? ‍♂️ Why can’t he just be upfront and say it’s about $$$$$$

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Thinking maybe Dr. Wintersteen ought to get more active in AAU affairs to further our standing as a research institution. As an Alum, I would definitely support such an effort on our behalf.
Provost Jonathan Wickert is much more recognized nationally than Wendy; he is a big sports fan and has tons of contacts from coast to coast. All three degrees were from Berkeley, professor at Carnegie Mellon for two decades.
I understand he was in State College PA last week.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have never been a fan of booing opposing teams when they take the field, but I will have no problem with Texas and OU getting booed into and out of the stadium and arena until they are gone.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have never been a fan of booing opposing teams when they take the field, but I will have no problem with Texas and OU getting booed into and out of the stadium and arena until they are gone.
Absolutely. I’d rather their ADs took the field with them so they could get what’s theirs. But we know how spineless those guys are so we know that would never happen.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I’m a lot more petty than that. Not that I’ll be watching much SEC football for the foreseeable future, but I’m going to enjoy the impending mediocrity of OU and UT in the SEC. It’s not just that they’re leaving the conference for the cash grab; it’s the fact that they’re blaming the rest of us for the demise of the conference as well as reveling in the potential financial destruction of the rest of us that makes me say “go **** yourselves”. If we do end up with that Big 10 or PAC 12 invite, I know I’m going to be a bit more sympathetic to those getting left out (except for Baylor).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m a lot more petty than that. Not that I’ll be watching much SEC football for the foreseeable future, but I’m going to enjoy the impending mediocrity of OU and UT in the SEC. It’s not just that they’re leaving the conference for the cash grab; it’s the fact that they’re blaming the rest of us for the demise of the conference as well as reveling in the potential financial destruction of the rest of us that makes me say “go **** yourselves”. If we do end up with that Big 10 or PAC 12 invite, I know I’m going to be a bit more sympathetic to those getting left out (except for Baylor).
Not to mention HOW they did it and how secretive it all was leaving us not only in a bad but in an absolutely terrible ******* position with zero sh*ts given. Yep, **** those ******* guys.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I guess my only thought would be that the players didn't make the decision...they don't have a choice but to follow along. I just don't like booing players unless they deserve it (for targeting in football or for intentional fouls in basketball, etc).

I'm probably just soft hearted.

Got NO problem with the horns down thing, though! We need to come up with a counter against that damned "Boomer Sooner" crap now. ;)