Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Now, to update one more time, we have had two players commit today, and a four star point guard reconfirm his commitment. This is why we wait and give TJ some time to prove what he can do.

That’s the thing though, we already knew what he could do when it comes to getting dudes. People had such bad “X and O Prohm PSTD” that they couldn’t see that TJ was and is the best person for this job outside of bringing Fred back.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
That’s the thing though, we already knew what he could do when it comes to getting dudes. People had such bad “X and O Prohm PSTD” that they couldn’t see that TJ was and is the best person for this job outside of bringing Fred back.
That’s not what I’m saying at all. Coach Otz could be the best guy for the job, or he could be terrible. I’m optimistic with what I see, but I don’t get why we have to jump to conclusions when he hasn’t even been coach for a month yet.

Reactions: Yellow Snow

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
I honestly don’t think it’s a terrible thing that it’s a little quiet. It seems like last year with Prohm there was a lot of chatter because he was flailing trying to find someone. He kept missing on transfers so he had to keep going after new ones over and over. Maybe it’s quiet because Coach Otz is being more focused in his recruiting?

Or maybe because there more transfers out there this year because of COVID. It’s simple math.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
PG: Hunter
SG: Kalscheur
G/F: Hinson
G/F: Jaz
F: Foster

Bench:
Conditt
Grill
Johnson
Walker

Minimal PT/Foul trouble PT
Jones
Jackson

Totally forgot about Grill. He fills a great need. 34% shooter last year with Otz.

Two spots remain open. Would love to go find a ball handler and another 3 and D wing with some length.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Bench:
Conditt
Grill
Johnson
Walker

Jones
Jackson

Totally forgot about Grill. He fills a great need. 34% shooter last year with Otz.

Two spots remain open. Would love to go find a ball handler and another 3 and D wing with some length.

How would everyone feel about Payton from Indian Hills...thinking rebounding but maybe we have too many at a spot he'd play.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
How would everyone feel about Payton from Indian Hills...thinking rebounding but maybe we have too many at a spot he'd play.
I have a tough time trusting juco players. I'd rather get a guy that has a role of just developing or go for what the poster you quoted stated. I do think we need an additional ball handler.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycl0nepower

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011

Bench:
Conditt
Grill
Johnson
Walker

Jones
Jackson

Give me Tanner Groves, and Brendan Barry and I would be happy.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Give me Tanner Groves, and Brendan Barry and I would be happy.

Need shooters, shooters, and more shooters.

Look at how Baylor won the title..... shooting lights out from 3 and playing amazing defense. Load your team full of 3 and D players. This year we had neither shooting or defense. Defense should be better next year, but shooting right now doesn't look to be any better..... as of yet anyway.

Help Support Us

Become a patron