Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I have a tough time trusting juco players. I'd rather get a guy that has a role of just developing or go for what the poster you quoted stated. I do think we need an additional ball handler.

We've had some great jucos over the years. I wouldn't mind getting back to that to fill certain needs.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I'd sign up for that. Then we can save the final scholarship for a backup pg

Eh. We have Walker already, who looked good in flashes and obviously could use some development though. Grill played some PG which isn’t his position but we might be able to get away with it in spot minutes if needed. Johnson has dabbled in Point Forward a little and he’s another guy who can be a good player with some coaching and maybe given more of a yellow light than a green light and no consequences for just bad decisions.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Mason Madsen is hearing from New Mexico, Toledo, St Louis (Travis Ford, former Okie St coach), UNI and Iowa State
I know not a lot on the board would be too excited with him but barring us getting both fletcher and Enaruna I low-key really want Madsen. He played in the last 15 games and cincy went 10-5 and he's a shooter and great rebounder at guard which we desperately need. Thinking one of Enaruna/Fletcher as a starter and then Madsen off the bench with Grill and Kunc could make for a very well balanced lineup. Bench squad would be shooters who rebound well and don't turn it over. JMO.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
I know not a lot on the board would be too excited with him but barring us getting both fletcher and Enaruna I low-key really want Madsen. He played in the last 15 games and cincy went 10-5 and he's a shooter and great rebounder at guard which we desperately need. Thinking one of Enaruna/Fletcher as a starter and then Madsen off the bench with Grill and Kunc could make for a very well balanced lineup. Bench squad would be shooters who rebound well and don't turn it over. JMO.
Don’t we only have 2 scholarships left?

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Don’t we only have 2 scholarships left?
Yep, so thinking we'd slow play him a bit until we get a feel on fletcher and Enaruna and he'd only be a take if we don't land both. His profile is honestly very similar to Kalscheur, I think he's very underrated as a transfer option.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

After the jubilation of yesterday. Here is my wish list from players we publicly know:

Tanner Groves (30+ points against KU in the Tournament)
Cam'Ron Fletcher (NBA lottery ceiling)
Tristan Enaruna (NBA lottery ceilling)
Mason Madsen
Jemarl Baker
Greg Williams Jr
Kobe Elvis
Chris Payton
Darrion Trammell
Tyem Freeman

Group 1 is highly unlikely, group 2 feels more real.

Reactions: Cytown12

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
They certainly know terrible in I City. But methinks they are just projecting.
O look. How cute. Schmuckie-face has found the dumb button again. I know he's on suicide watch after all the positive Cyclone news this weekend so I won't say anything further. Push your little button SF. Go 'head. Good boy.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Serious question, why didn’t Wisconsin offer Hunter? He got one from NW so it couldn’t have been grades. Doesn’t make sense why they wouldn’t offer an in-state kid that’s nearly a 5 star.
Wisconsin got the PG that they wanted in Chucky Hepburn out of Bellevue, NE. Chucky was considered the 2nd best player in the state behind Hunter Sallis. These two and their teams had some great battles over the past several year. Each led his team to a state championship. Sallis is rated higher and had more talented teammates. That said, If I had to choose one of them to build a team around, it would be Hepburn. He is a winner and I expect him to have an outstanding college career. Wisconsin saw this in him and went after him hard.
I do like Tyrese and also believe that he will be a solid college player, but I can see why Wisconsin went after Hepburn.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
2020/21 versus 2021/22

PG: Bolton vs Hunter - downgrade initially (shooting). Higher upside (less turnovers, pace and athleticism)
G: Jackson/Harris vs Kalscheur - large upgrade (size, defense)
G: JCL vs Hinson - push (less shooting, better size, defense and rebounding)
G/F: Johnson vs Jaz - moderate upgrade (better shooter and rebounding)
F: Solo vs Foster - probably downgrade initially (scoring and experience). Vastly higher upside (shooting, size, athleticism)

Biggest downgrade from 2020/21 to the coming season will be guard shooting. At no position though is there a major downgrade in talent. Really big upgrade at #2 guard and nice upgrade at the stretch 4. Next years team (pre filling the final 2 spots) will be MUCH longer, have at least 4 starters capable of shooting 3's (Hunter is an unknown at shooting) and would abuse the 2020/21 team on the glass.

2 to 3 of the starters from last years team are now the bench which says a lot. Am I crazy to undersell the impact of loosing Solo and adding a healthy Foster. To me, Solo was a shell of his former self after his injuries. The guy wasn't physical anymore, lost a lot of his jump and had no rebounding effort left

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
2020/21 versus 2021/22

PG: Bolton vs Hunter - downgrade initially (shooting). Higher upside (less turnovers, pace and athleticism)
G: Jackson/Harris vs Kalscheur - large upgrade (size, defense)
G: JCL vs Hinson - push (less shooting, better size, defense and rebounding)
G/F: Johnson vs Jaz - moderate upgrade (better shooter and rebounding)
F: Solo vs Foster - probably downgrade initially (scoring and experience). Vastly higher upside (shooting, size, athleticism)

Biggest downgrade from 2020/21 to the coming season will be guard shooting. At no position though is there a major downgrade in talent. Really big upgrade at #2 guard and nice upgrade at the stretch 4. Next years team (pre filling the final 2 spots) will be MUCH longer, have at least 4 starters capable of shooting 3's (Hunter is an unknown at shooting) and would abuse the 2020/21 team on the glass.

2 to 3 of the starters from last years team are now the bench which says a lot. Am I crazy to undersell the impact of loosing Solo and adding a healthy Foster. To me, Solo was a shell of his former self after his injuries. The guy wasn't physical anymore, lost a lot of his jump and had no rebounding effort left
The only tough thing about losing Solo is his offensive finesse. He was a liability everywhere except in the category of putting the ball in the basket. For his size, he was far too soft but I imagine the amount of injuries he endured played a role in the psychology part of the game for him.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
The only tough thing about losing Solo is his offensive finesse. He was a liability everywhere except in the category of putting the ball in the basket. For his size, he was far too soft but I imagine the amount of injuries he endured played a role in the psychology part of the game for him.

He had some good scoring games, but I really enjoyed watching him body up on Tyler Cook and really slow him offensively.

Reactions: isutrevman