Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
lol teams put up 70-80 points in a game. You can't count 3 on 1 fast break points. Want me to pull up every time someone made a shot over Kawhii Leonard in college?
Once again, didn't you ask for 1 example?

• Dumb
Reactions: moores2

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Once again, didn't you ask for 1 example?
If we only look at 1 example, Giannis shouldn't have ever been MVP. Kawhi never DPOY. Fred should never coach. yada yada yada. But keep beating that dead horse.

Cyclone560

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2017
Not trying to claim apples to apples here, but Michael Jordan wasn’t Michael ******* Jordan in college.

Ya not to get too off topic, but THT was fine as a freshmen...he was drafted for his potential and he's done a really good job of improving in his time as a pro since. He had flashes but we just an ok guy on that team, under 100 ORTG and 30% from 3 that season. Could have had a huge sophomore year though....

As for transfers and the PG discussion, I think we need guards regardless, not sure it means anything about what Hunter plans to do or not, as some others have discussed before I think you need at back up at least anyways (I guess maybe Jaden Walker, but I'd rather someone more proven at running an offense). It's also fairly early, but glad to see in some regards TJ isn't just offering everybody it seems like he would rather not get anyone that commit multiple years to the wrong guys because we were desperate to get transfers in that ultimately didn't work out. We've seen plenty of transfers lately struggle to make the impact we had built them up to make.

Reactions: t-noah

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
There isn’t even a lot of chatter. Seemed like way more last year when Prohm went 0-50+ before getting a transfer.

I'm sure I'm not the only fan that still finds it hard to let it sink how far we've fallen, that transfers aren't dying to come play in front of that fun loving Hilton Magic crowd, while the likes of Alabama and Arkansas are pulling in high transfers and recruits. Hopefully we will dance again consistently.

• Agree
Reactions: joefrog

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Year one is going to be all about culture and instilling an identity. Building chemistry implementing a system.

Play some sound basketball, passing, waiting for a good look, and playing defense.

Just be competitive and show recruits/transfers a reason to come next year and forward.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Hunter
Grill
Hinson
Johnson/Kunc
Foster

-And room for 3 more scholarships. Possibly JCL as well.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Is that saying he's basically coming back to ISU?
Swain put that crystal ball in to ISU the second he hit the transfer portal. Doubt he knows anything we don’t and is just guessing. And it was 2 weeks ago and there has been no news whatsoever about TJ contacting him.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think of it like this with Jackson defensively: He was like a dandelion amongst weeds.
LOL

And I don't mind dandelions quite so much, now that I know they can be beneficial to eat. Still your quote is pretty funny!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
... It's also fairly early, but glad to see in some regards TJ isn't just offering everybody it seems like he would rather not get anyone that commit multiple years to the wrong guys because we were desperate to get transfers in that ultimately didn't work out. We've seen plenty of transfers lately struggle to make the impact we had built them up to make.
There isn’t even a lot of chatter. Seemed like way more last year when Prohm went 0-50+ before getting a transfer.
I'd like to think it's not necessarily a bad thing just yet that things are quiet on the recruiting front. Just don't know yet.
:confused:

Last edited:

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
I'd like to think it's not necessarily a bad thing just yet that things are quite on the recruiting front. Just don't know yet.
:confused:
I honestly don’t think it’s a terrible thing that it’s a little quiet. It seems like last year with Prohm there was a lot of chatter because he was flailing trying to find someone. He kept missing on transfers so he had to keep going after new ones over and over. Maybe it’s quiet because Coach Otz is being more focused in his recruiting?

Help Support Us

Become a patron