Osemele

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I remember Ben Bruns practically drooling at the idea of actually being able to move KO to guard his last couple of years...

I also remember what he said about a certain highly touted left tackle and high #1 draft pick from another team. Apparently Ben has a good eye for talent.... :wink:

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Than you for sharing this. It made for a nice trash talking email to my 49er/hawkeye coworker.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I really thought that KO was undervalued going into the draft last year. For the longest time, he was supposed to be a 1st round pick. Then all the "draft experts" kept pushing the "he'll have to move inside because he can't play Tackle in the NFL" talk. Turns out he could play RT. I still think that it's possible for him to play LT, but he would probably struggle a little bit more. At Guard, he's a Pro-Bowl player. I've seen a lot of OLs drafted in the 1st round (Guard AND Tackle) that won't have as good of a career as KO (barring injury). He flat out dominated in the playoffs and Superbowl. Ravens got a steal in the 2nd round.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I really thought that KO was undervalued going into the draft last year. For the longest time, he was supposed to be a 1st round pick. Then all the "draft experts" kept pushing the "he'll have to move inside because he can't play Tackle in the NFL" talk. Turns out he could play RT. I still think that it's possible for him to play LT, but he would probably struggle a little bit more. At Guard, he's a Pro-Bowl player. I've seen a lot of OLs drafted in the 1st round (Guard AND Tackle) that won't have as good of a career as KO (barring injury). He flat out dominated in the playoffs and Superbowl. Ravens got a steal in the 2nd round.

Agreed. Didn't help that he wasn't even close to 100% for this entire senior season either.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
KO played well the entire season and really blossomed when he was moved to guard. Flacco should thank his lucky stars for having a good line to protect him.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
KO is and always has been a guard. It says a lot about him that he has been able to be successful out of position in the past. I look forward to him getting to the Pro Bowl. He's a great kid who deserves a shot at the recognition at some point.