Open Letter from Naz

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Can't replace this guy next year. Truly missed him last year. Good luck this year Naz.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Sucks that he can never be president.

PS - I was so sure he would transfer for his 5th year. ;)
giphy.gif

;)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought nobody would ever surpass Georges as my favorite Cyclone.... and now of course Naz is going to challenge for that spot and make it difficult on me. Dang it Naz!

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Wow Naz is that dude! Gonna miss him, i'm so glad we got him for 5 years!!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I remember hearing him interviewed on Murph n Andy a couple years ago and I came away thinking how impressed I was with him. This is a guy that will be very successful in whatever he chooses to do after his basketball career is over. I can't wait to read the 'where are they now' feature on him in a few years.

I get the feeling that Cyclone fans are gonna know EXACTLY where Naz is in a few years.

• Agree
Reactions: Bubbahotep

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Naz is the man. Only good thing about him being injured last year is one more year of him on campus! :)

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I remember hearing him interviewed on Murph n Andy a couple years ago and I came away thinking how impressed I was with him. This is a guy that will be very successful in whatever he chooses to do after his basketball career is over. I can't wait to read the 'where are they now' feature on him in a few years.

You should be well aware of what assistant coaches Niang and Mitrou-Long are up to.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Part of the letter almost reads like an apology for being injured. Naz, you have no reason to apologize for something out of your control. We're all immeasurably glad to still have you here, above all else.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Part of the letter almost reads like an apology for being injured. Naz, you have no reason to apologize for something out of your control. We're all immeasurably glad to still have you here, above all else.
Glad to have him here, but more importantly, glad he's still able to live his dream!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Naz is great. I'll never forget all the huge clutch shots he has hit. A few favorites of mine:

1. Oklahoma State - two buzzer beaters in one year, the first sent the game in Stillwater to double overtime, the second sent us to overtime in Ames. I drove up to Ames with friends to watch that game. After a night of celebrating, we must have watched that replay 20 times.

2. All the huge 3's he hit in the Big 12 tourney his sophomore year enroute to the Championship. Against Baylor in the title game, we couldn't get over the hump - then he hit two (3?) huge threes in the final minutes to put them away.

3. North Carolina, NCAA Tourney round of 32. Down 7 out of a timeout with less than 4 minutes to go. Naz nails two huge threes in a row to bring us back. Clutch Baby!

And there have been many more, those are just a few that I won't forget. Can't wait to see him again this season!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So many stories and great moments. Remember conversing with Naz on several occasions at KC or NCAA tournaments. He always made me feel comfortable and important, just as if he was talking to someone he's always known. What an ambassador for ISU. Selfishly, I wish he didn't want to play in Europe or wherever, but could be a grad assistant and move up the ladder to coach/recruit here. Dreaming,.....I know.