On That Note: The Good the Bad and the Ugly

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The song that introduced me to Arctic Monkeys. They've changed a lot since then. Lost a lot of their edge, but still decent songs. I'm a purist and almost always prefer the old stuff.

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Queens of the Stone Age is just a great supergroup. They've had a couple of big hits, but a whole lot of great songs deeper on their albums. Including the following which lead off their "Rated R" album. It has a limited number of lyrics, but still a great song

Queens of the Stone Age - Feel Good Hit Of The Summer

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
And now for something completely different. Let's go back to a great Prog rock song.

Yes - I've Seen All Good People

Reactions: MeanDean

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So talk about random. I found this artist on TikTok. Yeah, I'm that old guy who watches nerdy and musical videos on TikTok. No dances though.
It's a damn good song. Dude looks like Billy from Stranger Things!

Good Future - Socials

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Another modern artist who writes some fun songs and uses a lot of keyboards and good beats.

Rex Orange County - Television/So Far So Good

Reactions: cyclones500

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, I listen to emo stuff like Panic! at the Disco. Sue me. This is line with Brandon Urie's "baroque pop" theme from his first big album. Kind of like a vaudville pop song. Something about it I still like.

Panic! at the Disco - There's a Good Reason these Tables are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Snakes and Arrows is so underrated as RUSH albums go. Malignant Narcissism is one of my favorite RUSH songs.
LOVE Malignant Narcissism. Would love to see ISU run out on to the field to that song.
Main Monkey Business is awesome, too.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
RIP Amy Winehouse. So much soul, but also so many problems. Just a great song that would have been awesome 60 years ago as well.

Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm just getting to the Bad side of the coin. And I'm almost out of time online for today.

Fishbone is one of the all time great ska bands. This song is the title track from their 1996 album of same name. They actually delved more into the hard rock vein on this album. Fishbone can basically do whatever the hell they want. Great stuff, all of it.

Fishbone - Chim Chim's Badass Revenge

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron