On That Note: The Good the Bad and the Ugly

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Good Grief

Two more very different songs by the same name. Foo Fighters have always been one of my favorite bands, and the eponymous album is my favorite Foo album as well.

The second entry is much less well know I would think. Something I picked up from my older brother. Kind of a rock/rap combo. Great song and group though. And it was on the Hackers soundtrack. HACK THE PLANET!

Foo Fighters - Good Grief

Urban Dance Squad - Good Grief

Reactions: cyclones500

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I love Death Cab for Cutie. A staple of my early 2000s listening, this is from their 2015 album and it's also quite good.

Death Cab for Cutie - Good Help (Is So Hard to Find)

Reactions: drlove

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Good Morning

Not sure how to describe Max Frost. Kind of an alternative/hip hop vibe. But a damn good artist.
Rogue Wave is a different kind of indie band. They add a little electronic into the mix as well. Great song and always makes me feel happy.

Max Frost - Good Morning

Rogue Wave - Good Morning (The Future)

Reactions: cyguy9320

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Good Grief

Two more very different songs by the same name. Foo Fighters have always been one of my favorite bands, and the eponymous album is my favorite Foo album as well.

The second entry is much less well know I would think. Something I picked up from my older brother. Kind of a rock/rap combo. Great song and group though. And it was on the Hackers soundtrack. HACK THE PLANET!

Foo Fighters - Good Grief

Urban Dance Squad - Good Grief

I have limited knowledge of UDS catalog, but intriguing how stylistically different "Good Grief!" is from "Deeper Shade of Soul."

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Love Queen. So so much. Love this song, even though I don't think it was a big hit. Just a sweet soulful song.

Queen - Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I have limited knowledge of UDS catalog, but intriguing how stylistically different "Good Grief!" is from "Deeper Shade of Soul."

But they all have an awesome groove to them. They were kind of before their time with the rap/rock genre. I was lucky to just be able to steal my older brothers CDs and listen to them all the way through.

My favorites from them are:
Deeper Shade of Soul
Good Grief
Fast Lane
Prayer for my Demo
Demagogue
No Kid (Acoustic Version)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Someone already got Cars - Good Times Roll, but I'm going to post something completely different.
RJD2 is a DJ/dance/electronic music mastermind. So many good songs sampling from the most wild places, like soul, and jazz. Great stuff

RJD2 - Good Times Roll Pt. 2

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Are we including Goodnight?
Someone already got Cars - Good Times Roll, but I'm going to post something completely different.
RJD2 is a DJ/dance/electronic music mastermind. So many good songs sampling from the most wild places, like soul, and jazz. Great stuff

RJD2 - Good Times Roll Pt. 2

Ah, another one farther down my list by RJD2. Completely different style in this song, but still great.

RJD2 - You Never Had It So Good

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
We aren't doing Goodbye, but can we do Goodnight?

I'm rolling with it.

Hot Hot Heat is a great canadian indie rock band that I would recommend to @Farnsworth ;)

Just a great rock song and upbeat as crap

Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight Goodnight

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Did someone use this already? If so, SIAP. (seems like I saw it, but didn't track back to confirm)

"Tell Me Something Good"

Love this song. They used it in an episode of That 70s Show I believe when Eric walked in on his parents having sex and all he could do for a while after was see his parents naked. They played the hook of this song every time he saw them that way.

That's all I can think of when I hear the song now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron