Omaha Biliew is a McDonald's All-American

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Bronny James is the 28th ranked kid in his class per ESPN and people are complaining about him making the McDonalds AA team yet Addy Brown is ranked 31st in her class, not a peep from anyone about whether or not she’s deserving of being a McDonalds AA (she is deserving, just like Bronny James is deserving).

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Bronny James is the 28th ranked kid in his class per ESPN and people are complaining about him making the McDonalds AA team yet Addy Brown is ranked 31st in her class, not a peep from anyone about whether or not she’s deserving of being a McDonalds AA (she is deserving, just like Bronny James is deserving).
He's good. Probably borderline whether he should have been a McDonald's AA or not, but it's certainly not egregious. A lot of people question if his ranking is too high to begin with because of his name. They've got extended highlights of Bronny James' teams (Sierra Canyon) playing Jelani Hamilton's team (Wheeler) on Youtube. Bronny James is a stud for sure. Jelani is probably the 3rd best player on his team, they're loaded. One reason he may be ready to contribute right away. He's playing about the highest level of competition you can find in high school basketball.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He's good. Probably borderline whether he should have been a McDonald's AA or not, but it's certainly not egregious. A lot of people question if his ranking is too high to begin with because of his name. They've got extended highlights of Bronny James' teams (Sierra Canyon) playing Jelani Hamilton's team (Wheeler) on Youtube. Bronny James is a stud for sure. Jelani is probably the 3rd best player on his team, they're loaded. One reason he may be ready to contribute right away. He's playing about the highest level of competition you can find in high school basketball.
Agree with this. I’ll add McD’s is still a business and wants to draw eyes to the game. People may not like it but having Bronnie playing in it will bring in more viewers than if he’s not there. Higher ratings help ESPN and McD sell thus any close prospect “tie” was going to Bron.

Actually for that reason having more common fans watching a good thing for Biliew’s pro prospects and ISU’s brand/Future recruiting opportunities. We should be happy James made the team.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I think anyone would be kidding themselves if they said they wouldn’t take Bronny’s commitment to Iowa State

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Agree with this. I’ll add McD’s is still a business and wants to draw eyes to the game. People may not like it but having Bronnie playing in it will bring in more viewers than if he’s not there. Higher ratings help ESPN and McD sell thus any close prospect “tie” was going to Bron.

Actually for that reason having more common fans watching a good thing for Biliew’s pro prospects and ISU’s brand/Future recruiting opportunities. We should be happy James made the team.
Bingo. Much like why the Iowa Wolves try and get Iowa/ISU/UNI/Drake guys on their rosters when possible.

I personally don’t think Bronny’s ranked too high. If he was in the top 10 or #1 like Arch Manning, then yes, I would agree with him being overrated. But he’s improved dramatically over his HS career and is an incredible athlete. Arch is absolutely not the #1 kid in his class and is only #1 due to his last name

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Cmon you know yours was worse!
Put biliew on the bench his freshman season til he learns to play defense. He has only had success against high school competition. TJ must be policy consistent!

So I'm assuming from your post history that your comment is in comparison to Eli King? Honest question, but was Eli known for his defense in high school? Omaha Biliew is a 5* recruit known for his defense, and he's widely thought to be a 1 and done type of player.