Oklahoma game

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I found a torrent of this game here but unfortunately there are no seeders. Maybe if enough people asked the poster to seed it he/she would.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I still have it on my DVR, just have not taken the time to try to extract the video.

If someone could do the legwork to do the online research on how to do it, I'll give it a try.

Right now my only method of getting the game off the DVR would be to a PC hard drive and then burning it on a DVD.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
How would you get it to the PC? Do you have a standalone DVR or a dish/cable box with DVR? For the latter, if you have a DVD recorder or even VCR I think you could just hook the outputs of the cable box to the inputs of the recorder, start recording on the recorder then re-play the game on the DVR.

I found some other options here but this seems to be the easiest.

Now, if you have Windows Media Edition or Vista, you may be able to bypass this whole process by hooking the DVR to your PC. I've never had either of those so I don't know how it works but if you do, I'll look it up for you.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I have posed a question on dbstalk.com, a discussion forum for satellite TV.

I have DirecTV and an HR20-700 box. I've heard it's difficult to get data off the box as it's protected.

My laptop is a Sony AX580G. Has a DVD burner that is a bay drive - I can remove it and put in a TV tuner (haven't used it) that as S-video, component and RF inputs.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Do you have software to capture the video if you hook up the DVR to your laptop? Well, if you get this figured out, I'll take a copy of the CU game too. I'd love to see the last second again (my kid fell off the bleacher right after the first kick and I missed the whole second play). I couldn't DVR it because I don't get that channel.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
If you figure this out, PM me. The post with the link to the torrent of the Colorado game got removed (I think, I can't find it again anyway). I don't really understand why it would though. It's just a link to another site. Not like CF is hosting the file.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
No...I have not. And...my DVR got full and I had to delete the OU game.

I still have one game on the DVR though, just have not messed with extracting the data yet.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
When I get home I will see if I still have that game on the DVR. I save stuff to DVD's all the time with my DVD recorder. The only thing is, if I have it, it will not be in HD because I don't have a DVR on my HD box.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
When I get home I will see if I still have that game on the DVR. I save stuff to DVD's all the time with my DVD recorder. The only thing is, if I have it, it will not be in HD because I don't have a DVR on my HD box.

I'd really appreciate it. I don't care if it's in HD or not. I'd take a VHS copy of it at this point.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I only wanted the OU game. Thanks anyway.

I am pretty sure I have it on DVD+RW. I will check tonight, if you are still looking. I should have every game from this past season in some form, not sure of quality on some because I do not have Mediacom so I use a VCR at my daughters to record the replay shows, she lives in the dorms and cable quality sucks. The OU game was on ABC if I remember collectly so the only problem is if I got the whole game.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I am pretty sure I have it on DVD+RW. I will check tonight, if you are still looking. I should have every game from this past season in some form, not sure of quality on some because I do not have Mediacom so I use a VCR at my daughters to record the replay shows, she lives in the dorms and cable quality sucks. The OU game was on ABC if I remember collectly so the only problem is if I got the whole game.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the OU game was on one of the Fox stations (Fox Sports Midwest I think).

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Actually, I'm pretty sure the OU game was on one of the Fox stations (Fox Sports Midwest I think).

That should still work if it was on a channel (vs., FSN, ABC) that I recorded directly to my Disc burner the quality will be good. The quality issue arise when I transfer VHS to DVD and the original source is Mediacom and the original VHS copy sucks.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
That should still work if it was on a channel (vs., FSN, ABC) that I recorded directly to my Disc burner the quality will be good. The quality issue arise when I transfer VHS to DVD and the original source is Mediacom and the original VHS copy sucks.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood what you were saying.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron