*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Couple random observations.

Memohis by far brought the most fans. Followed with a big gap then Xavier then ISU then a massive gap to Virginia tech. Like VT brought 40 people.

Memphis and Xavier are the only teams to bring cheerleaders and Memphis brought 3x as many plus their mascot.

Barclays Center is a very modern and dark arena. Most of the concessions are closed but the seruo Is fantastic.

Xavier fans just aren’t that friendly. Not mean. Just not that open to conversation compared to the other schools.

VT fans are the nicest

All the floor seats are taken by Upsie employees
and they don’t give a **** about any team and I still don’t understand what Upsie is.

Memphis’ and Iowa State’s pregame videos are light years ahead of both VTs and Xavier’s.

Hardaway looks way skinnier in person
Were you just at the same game I was? Floor seats are mix of different fans. VaTech has most people there. I was second row next to the ESPN guys.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I may just burn all of the photos of me in shorts in the 1980's. Jeez, do those look dumb now. Talking regular shorts wear to, not gym shorts.
Like those shorts weren't short, they were short and tight.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
John Stockton had it correct
It's funny you bring that up. I like to listen to the odd couple program (Rob Parker Chris Broussard). They were talking about Lebron's elbow the other night.
They named off dirty players and John Stockton was one of them. They were both like yeah he was so dirty.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Were you just at the same game I was? Floor seats are mix of different fans. VaTech has most people there. I was second row next to the ESPN guys.

I did correct myself after they started showing up but I don’t think they have the most people. So that was definitely premature

Floor seats across the court from the Benches, announcers and scoring table were all Upsie dudes. I was on that side.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I did correct myself after they started showing up but I don’t think they have the most people. So that was definitely premature

Floor seats across the court from the Benches, announcers and scoring table were all Upsie dudes. I was on that side.
I was in the second row. It was ISU fans at center court then mix of Memphis and VaTech fans.

Reactions: JP4CY

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I mean not sure who the guy is you are calling out, but Oregon State does indeed suck. They are 1-4 with losses to Tulsa, Samford and Princeton... Their lone win is by 9 over Portland State.

Calling him out because we beat them by 10 and were never really threatened but he was all too happy to downplay our win.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If your **** ain’t hanging out a little, your shorts are too long.
9411e3561efbda58bcb8cf187a776345.gif