NFL: ***Official Week 15 Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Best game of the week tonight! Chargers @ Chiefs. Both teams are a bit limited by injury - Melvin Gordon will be a game time decision for LA and his backup is also for sure out. The Chiefs are down to Damian Williams at RB and Tyreek Hill is hobbled. Monster game in terms of playoff seeding; could be the difference between landing home field advantage and a first round bye or going on the road in the wild card round.

Other good games this weekend:

CLE @ DEN - Winner stays in playoff contention
DAL @ IND - Two of the hottest teams in the league, a combined 9-2 since the start of November. Cowboys can clinch the East with a win and the Colts need a win to keep the pressure on Baltimore for the six seed.
NE @ PIT - Weird game. I kind of want to count the Steelers out but they're just a much better team at home and they desperately need a win.
MIA @ MIN - Dolphins need to win to keep up in the wild card race. The Vikes just need a win.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I was wondering where this thread was...

Eric Berry is back!! Also I don't really care who is starting at RB. Mahomes runs the show and Reid will put literally any RB into a position to be successful.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was wondering where this thread was...

Eric Berry is back!! Also I don't really care who is starting at RB. Mahomes runs the show and Reid will put literally any RB into a position to be successful.

Is Berry for sure going tonight? What about Hill?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Berry is starting tonight but will be on a pitch count.

Hill is full go.

Interesting. I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to work him back into the lineup last week with the importance of this game. Hell of a spot to be trying to knock the rust off.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to work him back into the lineup last week with the importance of this game. Hell of a spot to be trying to knock the rust off.
I would guess they don't really care how much play or how effective Berry is until the playoffs.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Would be a big win for Chiefs tonight, allow them some cushion for possible loss at Seattle. Hopefully Raiders game won't matter and get everyone healed up.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Anthony Lynn has to be a front-runner for COY. Will be interesting to see how they handle pressure down the stretch.....Rivers doesn't impress me in terms of calm, cool and collected. I remember when Jay Cutler was in Denver, and the two of them would be screaming at each other like a couple little pi$$ babies.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Would be a big win for Chiefs tonight, allow them some cushion for possible loss at Seattle. Hopefully Raiders game won't matter and get everyone healed up.

No doubt about it. A win clinches the West and a first round bye. A loss still gives them the tiebreaker edge over the Chargers but leaves them with not much margin for error over the final two games.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Anthony Lynn has to be a front-runner for COY. Will be interesting to see how they handle pressure down the stretch.....Rivers doesn't impress me in terms of calm, cool and collected. I remember when Jay Cutler was in Denver, and the two of them would be screaming at each other like a couple little pi$$ babies.

He's right there. Lots of good candidates, though - Lynn, Pete Carroll, Frank Reich (I'm biased as hell here), Matt Nagy, and you could easily make a case for a handful of other guys too.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Phillip Rivers has always been one of my favorite non-Viking players. Just like the way he carries himself on and off the field.

I really wish the jimlad was still around so I could tell if you were serious or not. I agree with the off-field stuff. Seems like a decent guy and definitely a family man (nine freakin' kids!). But on the field he behaves like a lunatic.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...vis-calls-oakland-lawsuit-meritless-malicious

This Oakland situation is nuts. So the city of Oakland had a 7.5 million dollar lease proposal from the Raiders to play there next season. Instead of agreeing to the lease, the city has filed a lawsuit against the team and the NFL for lost revenue and other damages stemming from the team moving. The Raiders have since pulled their lease offer, leaving them homeless for 2019. Roger Goodell has said that they need to have it sorted out and know where they'll be playing home games in 2019 by early February at the very latest for scheduling. I guess somehow Oakland has still not been ruled out, and San Diego, Reno, and Glendale are all in the running. Bizarre.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hope Mahomes continues to have a good career.

Seems like a good dude and makes NFL football fun to watch.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Chargers are looking sloppy early on. Spotting Mahomes a two TD lead to start the game isn't exactly a recipe for success.