*** Official U18 Euro Championship Thread ***

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Greece is not that unappealing

Who would want to live here when you have Ames, IA!?

http://armanivacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mykonos-Beautiful-Island-Greece.jpg

http://www.wallpaperup.com/72556/nature_landscape_sea_houses_Greece_Santorini_ocean_buildings.html

But really. Most immigrants when coming to the US like to be around others of their same culture unless they just don't give a damn (it happens but not tons of times). If his parents were to actually move to the US, the closest and most logical choice would be Chicago with around or over 100,000 Greek people in the area. I guess though you couldn't rule out DSM or Ames. I guess.

Attachments

• santorini-island-day-trip-in-heraklion-141676.jpg
    santorini-island-day-trip-in-heraklion-141676.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha

http://armanivacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mykonos-Beautiful-Island-Greece.jpg

http://www.wallpaperup.com/72556/nature_landscape_sea_houses_Greece_Santorini_ocean_buildings.html

But really. Most immigrants when coming to the US like to be around others of their same culture unless they just don't give a damn (it happens but not tons of times). If his parents were to actually move to the US, the closest and most logical choice would be Chicago with around or over 100,000 Greek people in the area. I guess though you couldn't rule out DSM or Ames. I guess.

Buildings are all the same boring white color. Don't want. :perr:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It may not be in crisis, but it still is in shambles , economically speaking.

Who needs an economy when you live on the beach? Seriously, that pretty much sums up all countries that are located in similar proximity to the ocean/beach with the same climate.

Their problems are based on the fact that no one wants to really work, and they retire when they're 50. I can't say I blame them.

It's ironic that I work 60-70 hours/week so that I can afford to take my family to a place like that every couple of years :v_SPIN:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Who needs an economy when you live on the beach? Seriously, that pretty much sums up all countries that are located in similar proximity to the ocean/beach with the same climate.

Their problems are based on the fact that no one wants to really work, and they retire when they're 50. I can't say I blame them.

It's ironic that I work 60-70 hours/week so that I can afford to take my family to a place like that every couple of years :v_SPIN:

LOL pretty true. Let's be honest - there's a lot of Europe that doesn't work as hard as we think they do. I remember when I was in Rome a few months ago, some of the small eateries would just have signs up saying they went on a break and they'd be back whenever they feel like it. Pretty funny - I like it, but yeah..

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Greece is gorgeous, though I'm not a big fan of Athens. Always nice to be able to travel all over Europe by train, usually in the same day.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
His biggest deficiency is obviously his strength and slight build. I hope he enjoys eating Hickory Park and lifting weights.

This shouldn't be a problem for long...Fred has assigned Mangino to be his conditioning coach.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Julo was here for 4 years. Then moved to Iowa full time. This kid could be here a month or the rest of his life. Nobody knows. He could be great in 2 years or suck. We will see. If he sucks i assume fred will guide him back to greece.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
That's not a great sign

They were saving him for the third overtime. But seriously. I still have high hopes for him. As long as he can get a couple of minutes here and there in the non-conference and (as someone already pointed out) go out to dinner with Mangino daily, he should be ready to contribute in his sophomore season.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
You cannot score if you do not play. I am not worried, especially if the Greek team was beaten.

The Greek team did win. The few minutes he has played he seems to be very productive. Again, there could be politics involved in his playing time. He played huge minutes and was a stat stuffer in the U17 league last summer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the greek national program is ****** he is coming to the U.S. instead of staying around to develop within their system.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Seems like a great way to spend the summer. He should be here working with our players, getting accustomed to America, college life, conditioning with our team, etc.

I agree with this. I wish he was already here working on his game with our players instead.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The Greek team did win. The few minutes he has played he seems to be very productive. Again, there could be politics involved in his playing time. He played huge minutes and was a stat stuffer in the U17 league last summer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the greek national program is ****** he is coming to the U.S. instead of staying around to develop within their system.

I watched the one game when he played and he looked active and smart to me. I can believe that they want their staying home players to be on stage more than one going to the US.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Maybe the greek national program is ****** he is coming to the U.S. instead of staying around to develop within their system.
At this point I'm almost desperately hoping you're right. Otherwise he eats a scholarship for a few years and heads back home. I guess if my expectations were too high before, at least this keeps them in check.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
At this point I'm almost desperately hoping you're right. Otherwise he eats a scholarship for a few years and heads back home. I guess if my expectations were too high before, at least this keeps them in check.

At the very least he makes a hell of a scout team member our guys will have to go against every day in practice.

Think of all the ways Niang had to be creative to score on Noel in practice. It will only make our guys better!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron