NBA: Official Thread -- Cyclones in the NBA & G-League 2018-19

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
TJ McBride seems to think that Malone has shortened the rotation so I don't think he's hurt. I don't know if the IT experiment is over but maybe it's on hold for tonight.

It's definitely not a rest day. He could be ill or something. Hopefully they have seen enough to know IT won't contribute down the stretch run. The Nuggets SHOULD shorten the rotation because Golden State is giving them an chance to get the one seed, and they should try their hardest to get it. Because if they have the one seed, GS and Houston play each other in the semis on the other side, and then you have a chance with home court at altitude.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Denver won big over Minnesota, 133-107. Monte's scoring stats were noted above. He also had 6 assists and only 1 TO and even nabbed 5 REB. He had the most minutes off the bench with 27. I watched the first half and will watch the 2nd half on DVR but this stat, keeping in mind that Isaiah Thomas didn't play, probably caught Coach Malone's eye:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I didn't realize how significant Monte's shooting numbers from last night were until I read this:

Good to see his touch back. I watched his first three - a bomb from out by the right sideline - and I remember thinking that he didn't take shots from that kind of distance at ISU. He's really worked to improve his shot.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nice article.

That IS a good article. I've always thought Murray should be more of a 2 guard and having Morris in there frees him up to score (like his 30 last night). Great quote on MM:

“When I’m out there with Monte, he’s such a pure point,” Murray said. “He scores, gets in the paint, finds guys. To play with him, I know he’s looking for me and looking for other guys. He does a good job running the team.”

Last edited:
Reactions: LindenCy

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Nice to see how Monte is doing vs his draft class. Looking very good.

QE7MI0o.png

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I went to, well, play hoops so I haven't watched the OKC-Brooklyn game yet but was happy to see the box score - OKC got the win after falling behind early. Both of our ex-Clones got a lot of minutes, with new NBA contract holder Deonte Burton having the better stats (15 MIN, 7 PTS, 3-7 FG, 1-2 3PT and 2 REB). Looking confident on this 3 early in the 2nd:

Deonte, fearless in attacking the rim on these two scores:

One of Georges Niang's former teammates with a sweet lob to one of Georges Niang's former teammates:

Nader played 14 minutes and missed all 3 of his FG attempts. He had 2 pts on free throws and 3 REB.

Reactions: cyclone101

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Post-game interview with Monte, after Monday's convincing win. He talks about their film session, spacing the floor, his shooting and more.

Chance to see Monte again tonight: The Nuggets take on Dallas at 10:30 ET / 9:30 CT tonight on TNT.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
The surprising thing was how late Burton (and Nader) were on the floor for OKC. I believe they were out there until at least midway thru the 4th in a game that was only 3 pts at the time. Nader had a bit of a rough night shooting. I thought he actually had a lot of strong drives that he just didn't finish. He absorbed a lot of contact on those drives to. I have a feeling if his name was Paul George he would have been at the charity stripe more than twice.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron