*** Official Texas Tech VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
I'm just getting around to watching the replay but I don't understand how anyone could think that foul at about the 3:00 mark wasn't at minimum a flagrant 1. There was absolutely no play on the ball at he came down hard on Monte's head.

I thought it was called a flagrant 1? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I'm just getting around to watching the replay but I don't understand how anyone could think that foul at about the 3:00 mark wasn't at minimum a flagrant 1. There was absolutely no play on the ball at he came down hard on Monte's head.
Yeah, he went for the ball with one arm, and tried to take Monte's head of with the other arm.

To me the lineup was simple, Prohm played NWB, Jackson and Young cause the could actually defend someone. Burton, Bowie, Holden and Matt with his foot could not guard anyone. Offensively we got the added benefit from this group that they got out in transition and we basically got all our points from primary and secondary break actions.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
It was but the announcers went on and on how it shouldn't have. They didn't do any actual analysis of the play.
It was but the announcers went on and on how it shouldn't have. They didn't do any actual analysis of the play.
thanks. I was there, so didn't know that. I did watch the replay today, but wasn't always listening to the commentators. they drive me crazy.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
thanks. I was there, so didn't know that. I did watch the replay today, but wasn't always listening to the commentators. they drive me crazy.
Yeah I was there too. It happened right in front of me. I was 6th row right behind the basket. Live it definitely looked like a flagrant 2. The replay it didn't look as bad but I think some of that was the slow motion.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
Yeah I was there too. It happened right in front of me. I was 6th row right behind the basket. Live it definitely looked like a flagrant 2. The replay it didn't look as bad but I think some of that was the slow motion.

My seats aren't nearly as good; I am up in 236. But looking down on it, it was so clearly a flagrant. I didn't think it was a 2 watching the replay at the game. (But would have been glad for them to have called that. ;))

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Those yutzes were actually saying Temple was trying to keep Monte from falling into the cheerleaders and cameraman...and that he was being punished for "showing good sportsmanship". Yowzer...

• Funny
Reactions: NATEizKING