***Official St. Louis Cardinals 2021 Season Thread***

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
With the sweep of the douuble header Cardinals tie the franchise record for win streak at 14 set in 1935. A win today will make history. Go Cardinals!

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
WTF did they just call there? I thought they were saying that they messed up the infield fly call and said they didn’t call it but how did the runners advance. That is just a joke.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
WTF did they just call there? I thought they were saying that they messed up the infield fly call and said they didn’t call it but how did the runners advance. That is just a joke.

The umps screwed up that call and they knew it. You can always tell when they take forever to throw out a manager that is just hurling obscenities at them.

In the end it didn’t matter. 16 baby!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The 3rd base ump signaled infield fly, the replay showed him doing it. So the batter is out, and the runners advance at their own risk. But when they flip it to 3rd, would not have mattered, but the throw to second and the tagging the runner when he rounded the bag should have been an out. But you can see the 2nd base ump calling time, which he should never had done. Then they allowed both runners to stay at 2nd and 3rd.

They messed up, and the Cards were lucky to get out of it, but 16 in a row, magic number for the 2nd wildcard is down to 1.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Umpire's explains call on the play.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Wainwright is sitting at 184 wins. If he gets like 10-15 next year and is sitting at 194-199, you almost have to bring him back one more year to get 200?

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Really interested to see what the offseason brings. I think they need a lefthanded bat (MI or DH if that does indeed come) and a middle of the rotation starter they can rely on. Very excited to have Hudson back next year, he's older but I think his stuff and pitchability is right up there with Flaherty.

I could see the Cardinals parting with Reyes and DeJong and letting Liberatore be ready to be the 6th starter and Sosa/Edman to hold the infield down until Gorman is ready to come up and play 2nd. I think my dream offseason would be to trade Reyes and DeJong to the A's (they will be in sell mode for arb eligible guys) for Manaea or Bassitt and then sign Schwarber or Joc Pederson (more likely in the budget) as a DH. I feel like Scherzer will stay west coast but him and trading for a Polanco or other MI would be just as good.

Flaherty
Bassitt
Wainwright
Hudson
Mikolas
Liberatore ready to step in for an injuries

Carlson
Goldy
Pederson
Arenado
O'Neill
Edman