Official Post-Game Thread

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Count me among those that are surprised at ISU's offensive output. I didn't think a lot of ISU's offense going in but as bad as Baylor's defense has been I figured they'd get 3 scores just by showing up.

I never expected a W tonight but this is exactly what is scaring the crap out of me tonight. Baylor is a middle of the road defense, at best, in the big 12.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
Enough of this site for me tonight. When I return I expect a smoldering pile of rubble that was once my favorite website.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This is a great tale of two recruiting paths. Baylor and ISU have recruited themselves into a place where Baylor's 2nd team is probably 3 TD's better than ISU's starting unit.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[video=youtube;jef5UFUHxlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jef5UFUHxlU[/video]

Porteroso

Mar 16, 2012
I never expected a W tonight but this is exactly what is scaring the crap out of me tonight. Baylor is a middle of the road defense, at best, in the big 12.

Don't sweat it. Defense is actually ranked #11, and while our schedule has made it look better than it actually is, it's still a top 25 defense for sure. It could be the best in the conference. #2 in the nation in red zone defense. Only significant points we've given up have been garbage time against WVU, (also gave up a garbage time td to you guys last night), and against KSU, which was just a bad matchup. We're a mobile, fast defense, and teams that can run the ball are just a bad matchup for us. Plus, we hadn't seen that type of running game. I don't doubt that if we had played ISU last week and KSU this week, ISU would have run the ball much better, and we would have mostly shut KSU down. We needed a week of gametape and positional coaching, and we hadn't had the opportunity to get those things until the KSU game.

Anyways, I can't say GG to you guys, but know that Baylor has immense respect for ISU. Your football and bball programs have always been class acts, and I always enjoy playing you guys, even when you beat us, which has historically been alot. Rhoads is awesome, hope he manages to keep his job. We're all still ****** off about the Texas game by the way. You won that game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron