***OFFICIAL NORTH TEXAS VS. IOWA PREDICTION THREAD***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Said wadley wasn't a 30-40 carry a game back over a long period. Why butler was brought in, he will have to carry them against PSU if wadley can't come back, I don't see him as dynamic though, more Weismann type.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So for someone who didn't watch the game how did Wadley only have 24 yards? I also see Stanley had his 473rd fumble on the year.

He left with an injury in the first half and didn't play in the second half.

He also sat for 2 series in the first half after his TD was called back due to him high stepping at the 5 yard line. Hate that crap, I wish KF would have sat him for the rest of the game.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Said wadley wasn't a 30-40 carry a game back over a long period. Why butler was brought in, he will have to carry them against PSU if wadley can't come back, I don't see him as dynamic though, more Weismann type.

Butler dislocated his elbow against North Texas and is out until after the bye KF said last night.

Wadley is playing on Saturday against PSU.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He also sat for 2 series in the first half after his TD was called back due to him high stepping at the 5 yard line. Hate that crap, I wish KF would have sat him for the rest of the game.

And you wonder why he hasn't been a captain every game. Not a good look IMO

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I don't think he was sat down at all. He came out cause he needed a breather after the 85 yard catch and run. It was supposed to be Butler's series the next series. Wadley came in after that for his already planned series. I mean what Wadley did was next to nothing in the first place. Ridiculous call.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
And you wonder why he hasn't been a captain every game. Not a good look IMO

I wasnt expecting him to be a captain.

He has done this high stepping crap before when he has a clear path to the end zone. Its a stupid rule but it was right the right call by the ref.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Boy, really stepping out on a ledge. No RB can be a 30-40 carry a game person. Football is a violent game and injuries to everyone that steps on the field at some point.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't think he was sat down at all. He came out cause he needed a breather after the 85 yard catch and run. It was supposed to be Butler's series the next series. Wadley came in after that for his already planned series. I mean what Wadley did was next to nothing in the first place. Ridiculous call.

It wasnt a ridiculous call. It might be a ridiculous rule but the call was correct based on how the rule is written.

Wadley's 68 yard run and catch that was called back for the unsportsmanlike happened with 4:52 left in the 1st quarter. Iowa ran 14 plays before Wadley came back in the game with 7:50 left in the 2nd.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Any reason why?

I mean the writing has always been on the wall. Not going to Chicago for Media Day being one. BF was commented several times in the offseason that the light is starting to come on for him.

He just doesnt seem like one of the leaders on the team, which is fine. Not everybody has to be the leader.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Boy, really stepping out on a ledge. No RB can be a 30-40 carry a game person. Football is a violent game and injuries to everyone that steps on the field at some point.

Under Mac we had guys who routinely carried over 30 times. With chiz, we went away from a single back load type team. So I can't speak if we have that now or not.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I really can't believe anybody would be saying anything about this other than that is a nice little thing they do.

Nobody said it wasn't a nice gesture. But that's all it is. Let's not act like anything is being done about anything other than a cute little story. No different than ANF.

FrostyMitchellMilitia

Jan 27, 2017
Chicago
Nobody said it wasn't a nice gesture. But that's all it is. Let's not act like anything is being done about anything other than a cute little story. No different than ANF.

Yep, nothing else being done.....

Across the street from Kinnick Stadium, he's known as an equally powerful figure on whose back the lives of sick children are improved.

In August, the children's hospital announced a gift from the coach and his wife, Mary Ferentz, of $1 million to help create a program for neonatal research. On the 11th floor of the new hospital, the Ferentz name graces an infusion room, in which pediatric cancer patients receive chemotherapy and care like the treatment that was administered to Blair Smith last weekend.

The Ferentz leadership is a catalyst for the hospital's growth and ability to mend broken families. They set an example for Iowa student-athletes that resonates statewide through the 71,000 patients treated annually by the children's hospital and its affiliated sites.

"They're understated people, but there's nothing that's understated about that relationship," said Scott Turner, chief operating officer and executive director of the children's hospital. "It's genuine and authentic, just like Kirk and Mary."

Mary Ferentz has poured her energy into the hospital in a way similar to her husband's work in football.

For seven years, she has helped direct the Ladies Football Academy, raising $1.8 million for the hospital. She has chaired the Children's Hospital Council for the past 11 years and served among a group to help design the new hospital, traveling to visit facilities in an effort to create the ideal environment for kids in Iowa City.

"People in Iowa are very humble," Mary Ferentz said. "They put their heads down and go to work and don't expect a whole lot back. They take pride in what they do and take care of each other. But they need a person who can brag for them, so that was my role."

Of course, she did more. And the more she did, the more their Kirk and Mary's enthusiasm grew, and the more they wanted to contribute.

"Because of Mary's association, we've gotten to know so many of the doctors," Kirk Ferentz said. "You meet the people who are actually doing the work. They're phenomenal."

• Winner
Reactions: hawxrox09

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yep, nothing else being done.....

Across the street from Kinnick Stadium, he's known as an equally powerful figure on whose back the lives of sick children are improved.

In August, the children's hospital announced a gift from the coach and his wife, Mary Ferentz, of $1 million to help create a program for neonatal research. On the 11th floor of the new hospital, the Ferentz name graces an infusion room, in which pediatric cancer patients receive chemotherapy and care like the treatment that was administered to Blair Smith last weekend.

The Ferentz leadership is a catalyst for the hospital's growth and ability to mend broken families. They set an example for Iowa student-athletes that resonates statewide through the 71,000 patients treated annually by the children's hospital and its affiliated sites.

"They're understated people, but there's nothing that's understated about that relationship," said Scott Turner, chief operating officer and executive director of the children's hospital. "It's genuine and authentic, just like Kirk and Mary."

Mary Ferentz has poured her energy into the hospital in a way similar to her husband's work in football.

For seven years, she has helped direct the Ladies Football Academy, raising $1.8 million for the hospital. She has chaired the Children's Hospital Council for the past 11 years and served among a group to help design the new hospital, traveling to visit facilities in an effort to create the ideal environment for kids in Iowa City.

"People in Iowa are very humble," Mary Ferentz said. "They put their heads down and go to work and don't expect a whole lot back. They take pride in what they do and take care of each other. But they need a person who can brag for them, so that was my role."

Of course, she did more. And the more she did, the more their Kirk and Mary's enthusiasm grew, and the more they wanted to contribute.

"Because of Mary's association, we've gotten to know so many of the doctors," Kirk Ferentz said. "You meet the people who are actually doing the work. They're phenomenal."

Which is an awesome thing, as I said earlier. But it's not the wave. They're two separate things. You realize that, right?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You realize you said 'nothing else' was being done. You know that was a general statement, right?

I understand the confusion. I didn't word it very well. What I mean to was nothing else is being accomplished from the wave other than feel goods and publicity.

Ferentz donating is a huge deal and that should be the news U of I PR teams are pushing to ESPN.