*** OFFICIAL NDSU EPIC MELTDOWN THREAD ***

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Really? Some of you people have no memory. 3 bowl games in 5 years (including in his first year as head coach), numerous upsets, and not to mention how much more athletic and talented we are now than we have ever been ( I was on the 2000 9-3 team and CPR's teams are far more athletic and talented than we ever were).

Really? The most talented team in ISU history just got pasted by a 1-AA team?

What a complete and utter indictment of the program.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
You're on crack if you think this team has more talent than the 2000 team. IIRC,..... Sage, Reggie Hayward, James Reed, JJ Moses, Carstons, Ennis Haywood, Mike Banks

This. This. This. I was in school for that season and that team was good. They would have destroyed the team we saw on the field today.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
If we don't have the worst secondary in the FBS leagues I don't know who does. Can't catch a Division 2 (or whatever that is) back in 80 yards? Sit back and watch them make a reception on a 45 yard pass that's lofted up there? If the player gets through the line and linebackers we're in trouble.

Our Quarterback is the leading rusher? Is he not seeing the receivers or they're just never open? He had time on lots of plays but why wasn't he throwing?

Lastly. Sure the team played like **** after the first quarter. But who the **** thought it was a good idea to play, "I Feel Good" by James Brown in the break after NDSU scored a TD to go up on ISU by almost double? What a ******* moron! Then the camera is scanning the stands looking for someone who's happy and dancing? Fortunately they never found any. I about puked...

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Losses happen. Humbling losses can happen to historically mediocre programs. Upsets happen. Many of us understand that.

Two things bug me:
* Why is it, time and again, the opening offensive drive can look so good, but then that's rarely duplicated the rest of the game?
* After ND State rallied to go up 17-14 (or even to tie it at 14) was anyone confident that Iowa State had shown enough that it was going to regroup and pull through?

Help Support Us

Become a patron