*** Official Mississippi Valley State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Ok, so this is literally the worst team we will play all year. Even with that said, who is your new comer to watch tonight?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bump. First game of the season! Who's ready for some hoops?

Guys I'll be watching tonight to see how the'll fit in the rotation:

Starters = Bolton.playing mostly PG SG or SF?

Bench: Griffin playing SF/PF?, Lewis 3 pt shooting and def effort. Battle for 6th man

Freshman Jackson/Grill shooting. I think the one who shoots the best will get minutes to help spread the court. Both should get a lot of run.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I kinda miss ESPN's 24-hour marathon of college hoops to start of the season. Oh well, I will just have to fire up College Slam on the ole SNES until the game is on. That should hold my basketball Jones over until game time.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ok, so this is literally the worst team we will play all year. Even with that said, who is your new comer to watch tonight?

Prentiss Nixon. Very curious to see how he and Haliburton play off each other in the backcourt. Bolton too, to a lesser degree. He'll get his shots. But I think Nixon will be asked to adapt his game and he won't be a volume scorer/shooter like he was at Colorado State.

Reactions: ISUKyro

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I just saw an interview with George Conditt on Cyclones.tv and he said he worked on his shot all summer and can step out and hit threes now. What's the over/under on the number of threes he hits this season? I say three.

Reactions: HouClone

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I am excited to see Jackson play. I have heard he can really stroke it. What this team needs is a confident long range shooter, and I hope that is him.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I just saw an interview with George Conditt on Cyclones.tv and he said he worked on his shot all summer and can step out and hit threes now. What's the over/under on the number of threes he hits this season? I say three.
Seems as though we’ve heard that about Young in seasons past. Plus Jacobson, who did actually attempt 47.

Hopefully it’s true!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Seems as though we’ve heard that about Young in seasons past. Plus Jacobson, who did actually attempt 47.

Hopefully it’s true!

I thought the same thing. I think we even heard at one point that Jameel McKay could hit threes.

I hope it's true, too, but I want to see Conditt hitting dunks and layups.

• Agree
Reactions: Inthesystem

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m all for him chucking one up there here and there but If we need Conditt’s long range shooting to be a key for us, we are in deep trouble.