*** Official Milwaukee Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrT

Nov 17, 2012
Mammoth Lakes, CA
I'm just speachless. How is Prohm the guy? A program like Iowa State should never get dominated at home by a low major and held to possibly under 50. I really wasn't as impressed as all of you with Prohms coaching the last 2 year. It had more to do with Freds talent he left behind.

Fred left the friggin' cupboard completely BARE...this was inevitable, but Prohm hs been masterful in restocking...you should be grateful he'll have the moxy to make these games a forgone memory soon enough!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fred left the friggin' cupboard completely BARE...this was inevitable, but Prohm hs been masterful in restocking...you should be grateful he'll have the moxy to make these games a forgone memory soon enough!
Exactly! Poor Prohm.

NittanyCy

Mar 19, 2006
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

Bare??? ISU made NCAA the tournament the past two seasons under Prohm on the backs of Hoiberg's players. Blaming Hoiberg is nonsensical at this point. Bare is what Hoiberg walked into after McDermott left. Give me a break.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
NFW: you don't know what you're talking about. This isn't football. You should be able to bring in what you need in 2 years. BTW...been going to games going back to the Armory...can you say the same???
You can, yes. But you also should not tell recruits you’re going to the NBA for two years before leaving.

Again, they both share blame. I’ve hammered their spring recruiting, but it had to be so good because Fred was so bad in his last two years. Chizik left better than Fred.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I am not trying to be hyperbolic here, but this might be the worst basketball loss I can remember in my lifetime as a 26 year old ISU fan. Not worst as in biggest kick in the nuts, this isn't even in that category at all. In the grand scheme of things this is a pretty non-impactful non-conference game.

I mean worst as a combination of margin of loss (18 pts) to weakness of team (I can't imagine they will have an RPI in the 200's at the end of the year). I know we've dropped some games to teams we should have beat (Drake Fizer/Tinsley year, UNI a few times under McDermott) but I would think they were closer than 18 pts at home. If somebody can think of a worse home loss from the Eustachy era on, please enlighten me.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
You can, yes. But you also should not tell recruits you’re going to the NBA for two years before leaving.

Again, they both share blame. I’ve hammered their spring recruiting, but it had to be so good because Fred was so bad in his last two years. Chizik left better than Fred.
I hammer you a lot but this is pretty well said and accurate.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
This team is an autochthonous abyss in which terrible basketball breeds. Writhing in the crushing, atramentous gloom, the terrible basketball spawns mindless, amaurotic horrors, not evolved but rather devolved for the ebon pitch that is this season. Devoid of reason, sanity, or mercy, the terrible basketball and her horde proliferate and suffuse across all hope, consuming, digesting, eradicating even the smallest glimmer of hope, love, or happiness.

What I'm saying is, I think this might be a bit of a rebuilding year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I get the disappointment, but what do some of you really think? Prohm needs fired tomorrow?
If you honestly think, or want, Prohm fired tomorrow, then I want to hear from you. I'm curious.

• Dislike
Reactions: psyclone51
Status
Not open for further replies.