*** OFFICIAL: McKay to ISU!! ***

Bjorn

Aug 31, 2012
Denver, CO
How much do players hate coaches for giving them the "It'd be best if you transfer" talk?

I know nothing of this world, but if I signed to play with a coach, I'd expect loyalty even if it didn't come with playing time. I committed to you, you committed to me, etc. Wouldn't coaches get a bad rap if they're constantly telling their players to transfer out of the program? Thoughts?

Unfortunately, divorces are very prevalent in society today.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Iowa State could have the Big 12's best front court in 14-15. Jameel McKay, D Hogue, Georges Niang, + Northern Ill transfer Abdel Nader.

What's exciting is we have two top 100 guards in the back court too. If we add Vaughn, we could have the big 12's best back court too (or one of the top) We would officially by on par with KU all over the court I believe.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Harder Better Faster Stronger

Not sure why but it feels right to put this in here.

[video=youtube;x84m3YyO2oU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x84m3YyO2oU[/video]

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
His new Twitter avi:

Tzq5odE.jpg

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Freds style of play is extremely hard to coach, which is why we are as great as we are. If we are on par with Kansas talent wise, I don't see us losing to them at all, especially after a few months of being on the court together.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
Too bad he didn't skip the Marquette commit. Still a very nice pickup. Should help the Cyclones to play even faster.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Holy bleep, these next couple teams are going to be absolutely loaded

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This is a great pick up. If we can land RV, next year has the potential to be a huge run. MM, MT, RV, Nader, Niang, Hogue, McKay, Naz, Custer, SDW... holy crap.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
This kid had offers from; Indiana, Florida, Illinois, and Louisville just to name a few coming out of JUCO. Those are not average programs. He'll more than make-up for some of the things Melvin has done for us, and you add extra experience with Thomas, Morris, Hogue, Niang, with us hopefully getting Vaughn. This will be a scary team to face next year, and for years to come. I know the majority of the credit should go to Fred, but lets not forget some of this credit should be given to HILTON MAGIC, and the atmosphere we all create every game.

Easy there, Melvin isn't easy to replace. And Melvin isn't done yet, losing Melvin is a huge blow, especially after he averages 20 and 10 this year.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
So. Just for fun. Was this what Fred wished for on his birthday, or was it Vaughn?
His tweet was before we found out McKay left Marquette. Unless Fred knew he was leaving before everyone else, I am going to assume he was talking about Vaughn!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron