*** Official Kansas State vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh man, I'm not going to sort through thousands of posts to find the one that suggested he's out. Whatever, it doesn't matter, he's not.

But if Hughes and Sullivan, the two senior linebackers, are not playing, that would be a killer for K-State. We'll just have to wait and see ...
They're not playing.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I've been to 3 Farmageddon Games:

1989: Iowa State 36 Kansas State 11
1991: Kansas State 37 Iowa State 07
1993: Iowa State 27 Kansas State 23

Let's Party likes it's 1989!
Let's Go Cyclones!
Woo Hoo!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JM4CY and aauummm

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
That's not what I said (shocking).

There's a handful of toxic posters that jump on the team and coaches the second something goes wrong, and go above and beyond normal criticism. I think one or two of them have been outed as hawk fans already. I'm not including you in this group I'm referencing.
As in “The defense gave up a early touchdown they’re terrible.”

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
As in “The defense gave up a early touchdown they’re terrible.”

Yeah, we go 3 and out to start the game = "Well, we didn't show up today, I can't believe the coaches didn't have them ready"

I'm well aware that as ISU fans we've been burned often, but what bothers me about this is that Campbell has proven over and over again that he thinks the "We are Iowa State" mentality is for losers, and his culture doesn't tolerate it. His teams don't get shaken when they hit adversity that would've sunk ISU teams of the past.

I mean, look at everything that's happened this year:

• Brock makes a boneheaded play against TCU, and giftwraps a TD and all the momentum to them. ISU goes on to win.
  • Oklahoma strip sacks Brock and capitalizes to go up 7 late in the game. ISU proceeds to rattle of 14 unanswered points to win the game.
  • Texas Tech blocks a PAT and houses it to start the game. ISU goes on to win comfortably.
  • We have an ATROCIOUS first half against Baylor, with Brock playing horribly, and put ourselves in a 2 TD hole. ISU settles in the second half and makes big plays to win the game.
We haven't reached where we want to be, but what more does MC need to do to prove himself to us? As much as I love Mac and Rhoads, everything I listed above would've torpedoed their teams, and they would not have won most of those games. Campbell has proven he is bucking the trends we're used to, and as a result we're seeing the best ISU football we've seen in a couple generations. Be passionate, be a fan, but take it all in and enjoy it for what it is.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Go Cyclones!

Have to admit I'm nervous about this one. The last time we didn't have fans in the stands we lost to Louisiana, correct? And we looked totally lifeless in that game with no fans.

I think with so much on the line though CMC will be able to get them motivated. Much easier to get motivated for KSU than Louisiana.
We looked totally lifeless against ULL because half the team was recovering from being out with COVID.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Not directed at clonedude specifically, but debating whether or not to stay out of the thread during the game. Not really in the mood to deal with the few malcontents that show up every game.
I always do. Being a Cyclone fan is masochistic enough as it is. I don't need that level of toxicity.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Aclone

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Herpes butt still hurts after the verbal beating he took from Clone fans for encouraging ADs to come lure Matt away.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
With KSU being depleted of players I hope we don't have a reserve freshman playing like a Heisman finalist against us. Cyclones win 35-14

Also trying to not look ahead but after this game I will be watching Bedlam tonight and I hate to say it but "gulp" Go Sooners!

Reactions: aauummm

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Correction:

Talent: John Walters, Eric Heft, :chris: sideline.

I thought I heard that Bruns is doing something in the booth this week, but I know C-Dubs is the sideline reporter.
Eric is out.
Bruns in booth.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So we lost to Louisiana because half the team was out with Covid the week before? This is breaking news right? Link?

I had always believed that our team has been good at being disciplined regarding Covid?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron