Official ISU vs Toledo Autopsy Thread (Post-Game)

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR
Another....stomach....punch....loss.

If someone could have found a way to convey to me just how painful it was going to be to be a lifelong cyclone fan, I might have gone to a different school.

Excruciating.

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
Who the **** is our special teams coach? I was thinking it must be either Stevie Wonder or Barnie Cotton. I have never heard such poor special teams in my entire life. A kickoff return for a TD, a botched punt snap for a TD, and a game winning field goal blocked. All of this within 5 minutes. Good teams will go a season without commiting these type of comical errors. I hope whoever our special teams coach is, he turns in his resignation tomorrow.

You have to really try to blow an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game. Of course, we found a way. It takes more patience being a Cyclone fan that any other team in the history of sports. I feel like Charlie Brown, and Lucy just took the football away, and I missed it. The sad thing is I will still try to kick the football again.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Bass looked good, meyer looked sharp and defense is really coming along. If it was any other team than ISU, I would say it was a once in a lifetime meltdown. The cyclones, ac century of ripping their fan's hearts out. No lie, I puked after the kick was blocked. And I haven't had too much to drink today.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Re: Please, no more setting things up for a FG try

We got what we deserved with that playcalling at the end..it was horrible.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I don't understand what the east coast's fascination with USC is... I understand that it is a silly Little 11 game, but I'd still rather watch a good game rather than a blowout...

Oh wait, apparently not even an 11 point lead is safe with 5 min left. Wash St. could come back, and their offense wouldn't even have to take the field!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Let's face the facts...The Iowa Game is our bowl game...

Really?

I heard the last part of a game in which it seems like...

A. This was Toledo's season.
B. We played a very good game on offense and a decent game on defense.
C. We had control of the game when we went up 11.
D. Special teams killed us.

farmrmac

Mar 24, 2006
east central iowa
Meltdown aside, I think we played decent and there was improvement. No one said it was going to be easy. Just we can beat Iowa does'nt mean were good. Were just good at beating Iowa.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
How do we go up against a big10 team and look like we can compete in the big12 and big10 and then pee when we see kent state, uni, and toledo...while Iowa is playing tough on the road against the team with a top ten ranking and the nation's longest winning streak. Honestly I think Iowa MAY be our superbowl. It makes me frickin sick and I am honestly nauseated after that sh!t.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Let's face the facts...The Iowa Game is our bowl game...

Please god, no...I can't handle hearing any Hawk fans start on that again after last week.

The only positive for me out of this game is Iowa fans feeling even more pissed off they lost to ISU.

OskyCy

Oct 23, 2006
Oskaloosa
What a frustrating loss! From a sure victory, to a defeat in a couple minute span.

The only positive I can think of right now is that we still have a better record than Notre Dame!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I really do not understand why we have had at least 8 bad snaps in 4 games by my count. This should be one of the easier parts of the game. Or we need to replace the boy with a man.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
What are they going to do ... sick the special teams on him? The odds would be with kettlemeister.