*** Official IOWA STATE VS West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
First off, the Big 12 historically has terrible defenses. Second, that reputation isn't going to change until a Big 12 team actually does something on a national level - like beat Alabama or Georgia in the playoff. Every single time a Big 12 team (Oklahoma) has gone up against an SEC team in the playoff the defense has been as bad as advertised, and the offense isn't near good enough to break an SEC defense enough to keep them in the game.

Of the grand total of TWO times it’s happened, one was a 2OT loss and the other a 9 point loss (albeit not that close). Both at the hands of OU who had an exceptionally bad defense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Brocktober thing being featured.

That kind of stuff never bodes well.

Why don't they just show Seneca in the greek god costume again?

• Agree
Reactions: Inthesystem

NebraskaCyclone

Sep 15, 2011
Nebraska
That TV intro was some of the worst poetry ever said. Is it October? Is it November? Where did September go? It's football time...something...October is here something. We're looking at the calendar and so should you. Never mind we'll just tell you about it.

• Agree
Reactions: pulse

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Of the grand total of TWO times it’s happened, one was a 2OT loss and the other a 9 point loss (albeit not that close). Both at the hands of OU who had an exceptionally bad defense.

And yet they were losses, weren't they? By something like giving up a grand total of 100 points. But then tell me again why ESPN should respect the defenses of the Big 12 Conference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And yet they were losses, weren't they? By something like giving up a grand total of 100 points. But then tell me again why ESPN should respect the defenses of the Big 12 Conference.

Do they ever mention Georgia giving up 48 to Oklahoma?

Not playoff games...do they mention Texas beating Georgia last year?

The year OU beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl?

I agree that the B12 teams do themselves no favors by displaying bad defense, but acknowledging other teams getting beat or giving up lots of points by those teams doesn't happen at ESPN.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Almost like he doesn't want to hurt his completion percentage

God, I hope that isn't true, but it makes you wonder on plays like that.... you HAVE to throw that away. Not only did it kill that drive, but he would have avoided that big hit he took as well.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Why should they respect Big 10 offenses? 31-0 against Clemson and 38-0 against Bama most recently.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I never said anything about ESPN but let’s not inflate our points to make your argument.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

What about when Texas beat Georgia?
Or Oklahoma smoked Bama 5 years ago?

Nah those games don't count because the sec didn't want to be there