***Official Iowa State vs Toledo Gameday Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Not going to be much choice, you might be right but it's over now..it's so bad now, not sure how much more of this people will take

This is honestly significantly worse than 2006. As disappointing as 2005 was, we went to a bowl that year. Third straight year this team has been pathetic.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
What in our first 3 games makes you surprised by that? I think Iowa beat our front seven with 3 guys last week.

No. I'm saying Im stunned than seven men cannot stop four men of equal size. Like physically how does that happen? What possible physical deformity do the seven have that prevents them from stopping the four? You have 43% more weight and size and 6 more arms.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yep. Those false starts are definitely on the coaches. They shouldn't have made those players jump.

So when an entire team is that undisciplined (because committing that many penalties is a pretty good sign of an undisciplined team), are you trying to say that DOESN'T fall on the coaches?

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
I don't care how good people wanna pretend Toledo is.. Shouldn't have lost to a Mac team, seasons over. That awesome Arkansas team that got Toledo all the props gets handled at home by tech.. Whatever

This is the most important thing. This Toledo team isn't good, and even for their standard, they played like a hot mess tonight. A middle of the pack, or heck even below average, team would've cruised to an easy win. This was just a **** show all the way around. This season is a waste. Even if we get a new coach (and Lord have mercy on us all if we don't), it will take a year or two to "implement the system" or some other lame excuse to suck. So we are looking at a minimum of a 4-5 year stretch of being **** at FB.

It's pathetic. The standards are not high here. Go to a crappy bowl game most years and don't get routinely embarrassed by the big boys. For a Power 5 job, it's such a low bar to climb considering we now have the budget, facilities, and stadium that we should be able to easily do it, but we can't. ISU football is a joke.

Last edited:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I think that's sort of a cop out, because that is a routine kick for Netten from either hash mark.
Sorry, as we have seen this year, NOTHING is routine for Cole. Heck, their is no ROUTINE anything about our team. We can be handed a gift by the other team and fumble without being hit. While I am mad that Cole didn't make the FG, the fumbling right before halftime cost us an opportunity for some points and momentum - that was where the game was lost.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No. I'm saying Im stunned than seven men cannot stop four men of equal size. Like physically how does that happen? What possible physical deformity do the seven have that prevents them from stopping the four? You have 43% more weight and size and 6 more arms.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with being coached by Rhoads' staff.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Do you seriously think the coaches teach the players to jump before the snap?

None do, but some run programs that execute consistently and some don't. Overall team discipline is definitely on a coach.

If it were as simple as telling them to do something we'd score a TD every play.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
At some point, do the players have any responsibility for the losses? Or is it all coaching?

The coaches had a chance to put the players in a better position to close the game in regulation and they did not.

The players and coaches share responsibility for 15 penalties nearly 150 yards.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
There is a chance that Toledo goes undefeated and is the conversation for the Dr. Pepper College Football Playoff. I sure think they should get in if they go undefeated and have a victory over us on their resume. Everything is going to be OK. We can still have a good season and everything we have seen since the PinStripe Bowl is just building toward the glory days.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Yep. Those false starts are definitely on the coaches. They shouldn't have made those players jump.
Is this all you have? Might as well go with it's just one game fallacy.

We have severe coaching issues, as manifested by consistent and inexcusable self-inflicted mistakes. Nothing exemplifies this more than the penalties tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron