*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread ***

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
After JP screwed up on the Cael thing, he had not better let Campbell leave. Especially with the program that makes all the money for virtually the entire department. Just pay 'em.
He isn't gonna "let" him leave but he does have constrained resources.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Would it be that hard to change up the defenses a little BEFORE they score two touchdowns on us. Yes, we have been good thus far, but the quarterback run is killing us and I feel we are becoming passive.

• Disagree
Reactions: khardbored

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
After JP screwed up on the Cael thing, he had not better let Campbell leave. Especially with the program that makes all the money for virtually the entire department. Just pay 'em.

Totally agree. You can point at the Rhoads' extension and say that wasnt the right move but thats how coaching contracts work these days, you have to be proactive or lose your coaches to the highest bidder. You better believe Campbell will have offers after this season if he doesn't already. JP has to pay up now to keep him.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

All you can do is offer him the $$$. If he decides he wants to elsewhere, there's nothing you can do. Hell - what he's doing at ISU, he kind of deserves to coach wherever he wants, and I'm not going to blame him or hate him (unless it's a Big 12 team or Iowa).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He isn't gonna "let" him leave but he does have constrained resources.

So what's the constraint..... is 3 million a year too much? I don't think so. I'd possibly even go higher than that, depending on how we finish the season of course. Our program cannot afford to have another coaching change.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Gotta answer. Don't let the momentum slip away. Missed FG by us.... TD by them. Not good.