***Official Iowa State vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
With TCU and Baylor the next 2 weeks, Lanning should be the starter. We are going to be huge dogs in those games anyway. SBR probably not going to have a miracle game and win one for us. Let's see what Lanning can do.

I agree. Sam has had more than enough chances to prove he's the guy.

With that being said, Sam's last INT was not his fault, it was Lazard's, he quit on his route big time.

One other thing, so we went to this 3-4 defense to help against these Big 12 offenses, and we give up 66 points and nearly 800 yds??? Hmmm, great strategy.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I wouldn't mind if we ran the ball every time the next two weeks and milked the clock as much as possible.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Lanning will not be the next starter. It will be DeLira if Mangino is still here or someone else (transfer in) if we have a new staff.

That doesn't change the fact that Lanning will still be here and SBR won't. Experience for him at this point is more valuable than.....whatever it is.....that SBR is giving us.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@CycloneFB: Mike Warren with 245 yards rushing. First ISU back with 200 or more rushing yards since Ennis Haywood had 219 vs. Ohio in 2001. #Cyclones

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
We have a RB with over 200 yards and over 10 YPC, over 300 yards rushing as a team, and not anywhere even close to winning the game. I have nothing else to say about this season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sam Richardson has made it abundantly clear he does not want to be the QB of this team. I guess the Coaches don't believe him. If Lanning isn't starting I am done watching, there are better ways to spend time.

I want to watch Warren but understand exactly what you are saying.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
True. Just don't get heartbroken when Joelioioiol sucks as bad as SBR.

I have no delusions that he is. In fact I have never once called for him in front of SBR up until this point. It really is just a matter of giving valuable snaps to someone who still has time to contribute vs our washout senior QB.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I have no delusions that he is. In fact I have never once called for him in front of SBR up until this point. It really is just a matter of giving valuable snaps to someone who still has time to contribute vs our washout senior QB.

I agree. I'm ashamed that I've defended SBR as long as I have. He's truly worse now than he was when he arrived. He's worked really hard to become a terrible QB.

I don't know who/what the solution is, and it's obvious that our staff doesn't either.

But hey, they've saved me a ton of money for next year, though. No more FB tickets and I can drop my donation down to the level required for my BB tickets.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Positives
Bunderage looked like his old self in 1st half
Warren 245 yds
Lazard hurdle play
Kicking a field goal instead of going for it didn't come back to haunt us
Held them under 800 yards
Held them to less points in 2nd half than they scored in 1st
No fumbles today
Beat Tech in time of possession 31:57-28:03
Games is over

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
There is talent on this team......NO COACHING AT ALL.

I agree with this and this is what is so frustrating.

This team has some strengths and can do some things - they are not abjectly horrible, like they were the last couple years, or during the Walden years. And yet, they get demolished again. Never really were even in the game.

Gotta have new coaches, only way to try to change it.