*** Official IOWA STATE VS Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
FYI on anonymous forums nothing is given, everything is earned.
giphy.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I get that, but right now, I don't want to focus on logical reasoning. I want to complain about how frustrating it was to watch our defense get picked apart by the 6th, 7th, and 8th men, and then tomorrow I'll come back to reality. To be fair though, our free throws from December/early January to now have gotten SO much better. We lose this type of game a month and a half ago.

In Roadhouse, nobody wins a fight.

In ISU basketball, nobody complains in a road win.

Reactions: DurangoCy

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Anybody else feel like the spokesman for the Addiction Network in those TV commercials looks like he is just taking people's prescription drugs and fencing them?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Because the coach is the guy who was on the court kicking the ball out of bounds and commiting stupid charging fouls. Oh wait, that was Deonte Burton (whose game is an endless enigma). Great win! On to Hilton and Baylor!

No, it's because the coach is being paid millions, but NOBODY pays money to come watch the coach. If the players are going to get all the blame, and not the head coach, then they should be the ones making millions since that's who people pay good money to come watch.

Burton, and all the other players, have WAY more too worry about in life than Prohm does. They have school to attend, tests to take, money struggles, uncertain futures to worry about, etc, etc, etc. Prohm is set for life if he loses his job tomorrow.

So yes, if Burton dribbles off his foot, I tend to give him a break. We have no idea what it's like to be in his shoes. If I was his age and trying to play major level basketball, go to school, worry about your future.... all while doing it without your Mom in your life any longer.... then dribbling the ball off your foot is quite understandable from my view.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Be prepared to hear it now buddy. Don't tell people on here we have shortcomings we need to improve on, they will rip you a new one. Oh wait, no they won't, your name isn't clonedude, so you'll probably get a "Winner" vote. Yep, sure enough.

Yours is an agenda against Prohm, big difference on the approach.
He has won 5 ******* road games, I will repeat that for you 5 road games.

Either the guy can coach or this team is the luckiest bunch of SOB's ever to throw a ball in a peach basket

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
**** that caught some breaks. I call it karma for the bs reffing and they got plenty breaks with the flukey way the ball was bouncing for them.

Through out the game I felt we were the better team and TTU was catching breaks from either the gd worthless reffing or some miracle bounce.

Or the first 2 1/2 months of the season where we caught almost zero breaks. We earned this win, breaks be damned.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Be prepared to hear it now buddy. Don't tell people on here we have shortcomings we need to improve on, they will rip you a new one. Oh wait, no they won't, your name isn't clonedude, so you'll probably get a "Winner" vote. Yep, sure enough.

Nobody doesn't see the shortcomings. Doesn't matter. NCAA tourney is basically locked up.

The shortcomings are from fans not seeing reality when the inbounder is someone who's in because anyone else is fouled out and still being upset after a big road win where the conference's best teams couldn't.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
**** that caught some breaks. I call it karma for the bs reffing and they got plenty breaks with the flukey way the ball was bouncing for them.

Through out the game I felt we were the better team and TTU was catching breaks from either the gd worthless reffing or some miracle bounce.

Yeah, there were several possessions where TT had no idea where the shot was going to come from and threw up a bad shot which went right to them (or off us out of bounds). Give them credit though, they were relentless with what had to be fired legs on the quick turnaround.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I know I am stating the obvious, but S Young has been the difference maker over the past four games. He is not the team's best player, but he has proven to be every bit as valuable as Morris, Long, and Thomas. He doesn't score as much as the big three, but impacts the game just as much.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
I think we learned a few things about this team tonight, although some of it is not new, just a reaffirmation:
  1. This team has great character and finds a way to win, even when things are not going well.
  2. People used to rag on this team's defense, but the balance this team has on offense and defense is really impressive.
  3. Monte showed great leadership tonight, what with his second half scoring and his ball control. Gotta watch every minute of him I can, because soon he will only be a memory as a Cyclone, like Niang and Ejim.
  4. Naz also showed leadership with his tough defense and scoring, plus his demeanor on the court.
  5. Some people are awful hard on Weiler-Babb. Personally, I am looking forward to him playing a much bigger role next year - and we will need him.
  6. Matt Ice - every time he scores I think of the awful things said about him in his freshman and sophomore years. Posters were awful; now everyone loves him, but what I really like about this man is he understands that you don't need others loving you, you just need to love yourself. I will miss him next year too.
  7. Feel sorry for Burton. He had a terrible game tonight, but I expect him to come out like gangbusters next game - hope I am right. He clearly struggles with the mental side of the game, and that has to be hugely frustrating for someone with his talent.
  8. Finally, I am liking Solomon more each game. Can only imagine what a terror he will be on the court in his junior and senior years.
Great teams find ways to win. This team is coming to look more and more like a great team.

Oh, and yes, thanks SP for bringing this team together, blending offense and defense. I sure hope you are enjoying your successes, because I know you were really hurting when things were not going so well.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
No, it's because the coach is being paid millions, but NOBODY pays money to come watch the coach. If the players are going to get all the blame, and not the head coach, then they should be the ones making millions since that's who people pay good money to come watch.
If you have an ISU degree, please mail it back to the registrar with an apology.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
On Chris Williams' instant podcast, he said that ISU "caught some breaks tonight." So, I'm not the only one. I didn't say that caught EVERY break but TTU had at least 3 easy fast break chances that they didn't finish.
He is just mad his prediction was wrong :jimlad:

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf

Burton, and all the other players, have WAY more too worry about in life than Prohm does. They have school to attend, tests to take, money struggles, uncertain futures to worry about, etc, etc, etc. Prohm is set for life if he loses his job tomorrow.

So yes, if Burton dribbles off his foot, I tend to give him a break. We have no idea what it's like to be in his shoes. If I was his age and trying to play major level basketball, go to school, worry about your future.... all while doing it without your Mom in your life any longer.... then dribbling the ball off your foot is quite understandable from my view.

= lamest post today. But it's early...12-0-something a.m. here in Florida. Plenty of time for someone to step up and top this post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron