*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
There was one short stretch where there was some hero ball, but it looked like they snapped out of it after the next timeout.

Never thought I'd see us score 96 in a big 12 game, but our steals and finally getting to shoot free throws assisted that. Good win. As for the 'hero ball' comment, did anyone read Franchilla's tweet tonight comparing KU and ISU with their 4 guard lineup differences?? Pretty interesting and I think that's understandably what the fan concern has been. Guess its the way we prefer to run it.

• Friendly
Reactions: C.A.H.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Will we ever see Holden again?

Has that ever happened before? I mean, where a player got like 10 starts and then pretty much doesn't see the floor? Understandable, just weird event. Too bad that he didn't pan out, as look how many times we trapped tonight but couldn't get to backside or if we defend the 3-pt line we have no rim protector except Deonte which is asking a lot.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
You know, I think he did okay on defense at times. Wouldn't hurt to throw him out there for a few minutes and if he does well keep him out there. If not, just bench him again. We'll definitely need his fouls against WV and maybe even KU.
Ya he hasn't been what everyone expected, but I will never hate on someone in college sports, especially when they play for my team. He's had a tough run but he is still on the team and I honestly think after the first few game, refs knew him as "that guy who fouls a lot" and called some cheap ones on him. So if we get him some practice and need someone to fight down low, hell ya I'd like to see him out there. This team has improved in the last month, no reason any of our players can't improve as well.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Happy to get the win but Prohm still doesn't know what he's doing and can't recruit, Monte can't shoot threes and won't get a shot at the NBA, Naz/Deonte/Matt shouldn't start, Bowie's terrible, and winning with defense will kill Hilton Magic. Did I miss anything or am I now good to head back to the Ernst Megathread to ponder what might have been?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I believe it. Though a couple times I was surprised how loud it got with 1/3 capacity. Here's a half panorama to show it.

0LtppVCh.jpg
I remember going down for the 3OT game my freshman year. I had the same thought. There was pretty much only students there for the big monday game, but that arena got very loud. I remember telling my buddies just imagine this place full? Your ears would bleed.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Will we ever see Holden again?

Probably sitting with Simeon and Stu. Actually, I am guessing we'll need him for some fouling at some point.

Has that ever happened before? I mean, where a player got like 10 starts and then pretty much doesn't see the floor? Understandable, just weird event. Too bad that he didn't pan out, as look how many times we trapped tonight but couldn't get to backside or if we defend the 3-pt line we have no rim protector except Deonte which is asking a lot.

Booker had some starts Georges' freshman year, don't think it was quite as many as Holden. This team could probably use Booker.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Probably sitting with Simeon and Stu. Actually, I am guessing we'll need him for some fouling at some point.

Booker had some starts Georges' freshman year, don't think it was quite as many as Holden. This team could probably use Booker.

I think maybe Percy had some starts too before disappearing.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
It's time we really start to appreciate who this team is, the job Prohm is doing with them, the coaching adjustments that have been made, and this amazing senior class. This team is really fun to watch right now. We've all had our moments of criticism this year, but let's just enjoy the rest of the ride and see where this bunch takes us.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It's time we really start to appreciate who this team is, the job Prohm is doing with them, the coaching adjustments that have been made, and this amazing senior class. This team is really fun to watch right now. We've all had our moments of criticism this year, but let's just enjoy the rest of the ride and see where this bunch takes us.

Probably 40% of posters think we won't make the tournament. Good luck.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron