***Official Iowa State @ Texas Game Thread***

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Anybody noticed Lucious at the end casually walking up the floor and Fred yelling at him to run the play. I'm not sure what he was thinking there. Pretty sure we were under 15 seconds or so.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
Everyone on here is going to have another pointless meltdown. I saw our team play their hearts out at the end of that game. Everyone is going to complain because it adds a L to our schedule. You can complain about lots of things, but don't give up on this team (again for many of you) just because of this.

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the majority of the board. We have a bunch of nice players. Good role players, put up some decent stats. But no tough guys who just will a team to win. WC is so weak with the ball, But then you look up, and he has 20 and 10. Melvin just can't finish at the rim, but has 20 something and 18. We just lack the killer instinct. I go back to my post when we were up 17-9, and we run a great play for an alley-oop for Will. He should take that and just hammer home a dunk. Instead, he tries to lay it in, misses, then they go on a 16-0 run.

Give our guys credit for trying hard. But we just don't have anyone who can get there own shot an finish. And we are not very smart. The 3 they made to tie is case in point. They have 4.6 seconds, and HAVE TO SHOOT A 3. How can they possibly get a wide open look in that situation? When we needed a 3 with 30 seconds to go we couldn't even dribble, let alone get a shot off. Just no mental or phyical toughness.

That is why no Booker just baffles me. At least he might play with some attitude. Give him a shot, and if he sucks take him out the rest of the game. But at least try.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Interior D is and will be our biggest issue. We give up a lot of easy buckets

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Fool me once, shame on me....fool me twice, shame on Clyburn for being lost on D when Tex forced OT. Did they mention "Player of the Year"?

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
You can count on us losing on the road from here on out, plus the KU game at home. That will not be enough to make the tourney. I'm sick of a lazy team willing to jack up 3's rather than move the ball and get good looks or shoot free throws. This is the kind of **** that will get Fred run. What does he have coming back? Do we have a decent point guard for next year? NO.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Everyone on here is going to have another pointless meltdown. I saw our team play their hearts out at the end of that game. Everyone is going to complain because it adds a L to our schedule. You can complain about lots of things, but don't give up on this team (again for many of you) just because of this.
Not really any way you can spin it. Bad loss to a really bad team. Even with Kabongo we still should of had this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Couldn't watch it, but I'm assuming they lost the way teams lose when they can't grit their teeth and tough out a win.

I'm not sure who this is on, but not getting up to beat a marginal Texas team is really a reminder of how this team operates, and that they won't change any time soon. It was a different scene a year ago, so it can't be all coaching.

Bum deal--opportunities have been there to pretty much be a lock in the tourney. I got ridiculed a bit for saying that may not happen after the K-State game, but I can't see an argument now.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You can count on us losing on the road from here on out, plus the KU game at home. That will not be enough to make the tourney. I'm sick of a lazy team willing to jack up 3's rather than move the ball and get good looks or shoot free throws. This is the kind of **** that will get Fred run. What does he have coming back? Do we have a decent point for next year? NO.
I think we beat KU. I'm not so sure about OSU with the way they have been playing though.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
You know what??? I am just as ****** off as any fanatic over thus grueling 2 OT loss. But calling Coach Hoiberg's decision making horrible like Clonedude did is luducris!! We actually had some questionable calls go our way by the officials. I really think fatigue played a big role in the overtimes. Iowa State played hard and I am proud of them despite the loss.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the majority of the board. We have a bunch of nice players. Good role players, put up some decent stats. But no tough guys who just will a team to win. WC is so weak with the ball, But then you look up, and he has 20 and 10. Melvin just can't finish at the rim, but has 20 something and 18. We just lack the killer instinct. I go back to my post when we were up 17-9, and we run a great play for an alley-oop for Will. He should take that and just hammer home a dunk. Instead, he tries to lay it in, misses, then they go on a 16-0 run.

Give our guys credit for trying hard. But we just don't have anyone who can get there own shot an finish. And we are not very smart. The 3 they made to tie is case in point. They have 4.6 seconds, and HAVE TO SHOOT A 3. How can they possibly get a wide open look in that situation? When we needed a 3 with 30 seconds to go we couldn't even dribble, let alone get a shot off. Just no mental or phyical toughness.

That is why no Booker just baffles me. At least he might play with some attitude. Give him a shot, and if he sucks take him out the rest of the game. But at least try.

Exactly.