*** Official Emporia St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
You guys are seriously mad about this? We look really promising. Reminds me of the first couple tournament teams for Fred. Clearly have talent but a ton of new faces so they aren’t playing well as a team. Also not shooting well but that will get better. Also think this team has been excessively disruptive by being out of position.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is going to be a long season

I'm looking forward to it personally.

I think a team like this learns more in a close game like this than a 40 point blowout.

Goods I see:
NWB finishing.
Wigginton looks the part.
DJ a leader.
Long looks alright--isn't he one that people have basically written off?
Talley active and finishing.

I wonder what Lard and Lewis will look like and when their first game is.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
It's hard to get a read on this team from this game knowing Brase, Lard, and Lewis all might contribute. Very rusty game for the guys out there. Long looks to be improved though.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Would think it would have to be Fizer. Not sure who else would make sense. Recent guys will all be traveling with their teams. Thought maybe Georges as he will be back to play the Wolves but that doesn’t line up with any games.

I think it's the new conference champions banner for last year

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
You guys are seriously mad about this? We look really promising. Reminds me of the first couple tournament teams for Fred. Clearly have talent but a ton of new faces so they aren’t playing well as a team. Also not shooting well but that will get better. Also think this team has been excessively disruptive by being out of position.

Who's mad? Overreact much?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't see anyone mad..

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Not mad. Concerned maybe. First game though and missing three guys. I think Lard is going to help us a lot on defense.