****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
My guess is we lose some of the guys that can grad transfer and be fine. Sometimes it's not bad to lose some of the guys so the new guy has some schollarships to work with
I agree. If some want to leave and the new coach can bring in some new players that would be fine. I would just like to see the core of the group that decided to come here stay, I think there's talent there. I'd like to see them have some success here since they made the decision to come to Iowa State.

tigercy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2020
Any idea if we are hot on
https://247sports.com/Player/Jacob-Knuth-46098334/?

No stars yet but just received a Minnesota offer in addition to NDST. Sioux Falls product. Was part of some elite QB camps like Dekker was but being from SD has not received as much buzz as you might expect. Likely to change with Minny offer.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

anyone else watch the Johnston - Cedar Falls game? This guy looked really legit, couldn’t believe he doesn’t have any offers yet. Someone the next staff should monitor IMO

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

anyone else watch the Johnston - Cedar Falls game? This guy looked really legit, couldn’t believe he doesn’t have any offers yet. Someone the next staff should monitor IMO

his dad played at Simpson and was pretty good there. Both Steven and his dad play rec pickup ball occasionally in ankeny and they both can drain shots from all over the court.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I noticed UNI and Colorado State offered Dix last summer. Green and Blount likely familiar with him fwiw

Unfortunately (according to an article), they weren't the two assistants with the contact. It was Far(ColoSt) and Hogan(UNI). Does that make a big difference? Have no idea. And how does the coaching tree work when former staffers move to another school with their recruit connections? Interesting dynamics me thinks.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Unfortunately (according to an article), they weren't the two assistants with the contact. It was Far(ColoSt) and Hogan(UNI). Does that make a big difference? Have no idea. And how does the coaching tree work when former staffers move to another school with their recruit connections? Interesting dynamics me thinks.

In some cases it might be just one coach who talks to a recruit, especially early. But if they are a real option they hear from a lot of coaches.

• Informative
Reactions: allfourcy