****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The difference between how our media handles big recruits compared to Iowa's is quite staggering. It seems our media goes with the "we'll wait and see how things play out", "it'd be great to have a guy like this, but he'll be a tough get", etc. Whenever I see an article about a top recruit visiting Iowa or even considering, it's like the kid is 100% committed already and crystal balls pop up left and right.

You know Halsted is more confident about Foster going to ISU than any person that has a CB in and look how he handles it

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You know Halsted is more confident about Foster going to ISU than any person that has a CB in and look how he handles it
Absolutely. It's just so funny that there are still crystal balls out there for him when his dad literally said Xavier hasn't made his decision yet and doesn't know where he will choose. Lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Absolutely. It's just so funny that there are still crystal balls out there for him when his dad literally said Xavier hasn't made his decision yet and doesn't know where he will choose. Lol

Foster was never going to Iowa. Like they've never been a real contender at all I've been told

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
To be fair, that is the whole point of the crystal balls. To give the fans an educated guess as what the experts think will happen. It's just that some lack the educated part.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To be fair, that is the whole point of the crystal balls. To give the fans an educated guess as what the experts think will happen. It's just that some lack the educated part.
Oh absolutely. Using it in an educated way is one thing but it seems there are quite a few of them that use it pretty blindly.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

There are almost always crystal balls out for undecided players.

My opinion: They all have Iowa because they know that the trend is for Iowa to get in-state guys. I don't blame them for that but I also don't think they know squat.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm banking on your information CyTwins. Not sure where it comes from, but I like it.
saw someone post about how Fosters uncle posts on an Illini board and he has been hinting that Foster is looking less and less likely. God, how I love message board speculation and the impending freak outs that are sure to follow (one way or the other) lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
saw someone post about how Fosters uncle posts on an Illini board and he has been hinting that Foster is looking less and less likely. God, how I love message board speculation and the impending freak outs that are sure to follow (one way or the other) lol

Less and less likely to come here?

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Serious question - Who is their last recruit, not named McCaffrey, to have a P5 offer? Is it Wieskamp back in 2018? Joe Toussaint had zero other P5 offers in 2019. I mean you almost have to try to recruit that poorly!

When the state of Iowa doesnt produce top 100 level players who grew up diehard Hawk fans Fran is absolutely screwed.

Hate to break it to Hawk fans but the next high level player in the state of Iowa is Tamin Lipsey in 2022 and he sure as hell isnt going to Iowa.

Last edited:

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I assumed he was heading east based on CB predictions and him going to their game with black and gold hair. He is exactly what we need to replace Jacobson. Really hope we get him.