****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure UNI had no schollies for '19, I'm guessing they might have pulled the trigger on the Murrays if they had room, who knows though, maybe they were a package deal?

Drake took Issa Samake (who had an alleged ISU offer at one time) who played at DM Grandview Christian before transferring out of state and two guards. They clearly were looking for some size and liked Samake more or again who knows, maybe they didn't want them both.
Did Samake transfer out of State? I'm pretty sure he was part of GVC's State Championship team.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I didn't think so. I'm from Melcher and I could have sworn I seen him and the Grandview boys mop the floor with MD.

Things could be worse. I saw what they did to Moulton-Udell.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
What the **** is wrong with you? There is nothing negative in my post. I simply stated/asked that I didn’t see how the Murray decisions made any more difference in Foster’s decision, just like ISU already getting two commits wouldnt affect us getting Foster either. Today’s Bain’s article indicated the same darn thing about Iowa. Are you emailing him too and telling him how and what he thinks and how terrible he is for asking the question? I have NO idea where he is leaning or going, but according to his Dad, either do you, or most likely anyone else. Your perception that a person discussing what the poster brought up automatically means they think that he goes to Iowa or having negative thoughts that he wouldn’t come to ISU, is just wrong.
Get over your holier-than-thou analysis on why people ask questions. Geeeeezz!!
Not to be an A-hole, but do you believe everything you read in the paper?

Whether he’s a lock for ISU or still deciding, it’s HIGHLY doubtful that he would have no idea where he was going. You don’t set a commitment date unless you’re pretty sure about your choice.

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not to be an A-hole, but do you believe everything you read in the paper?

Whether he’s a lock for ISU or still deciding, it’s HIGHLY doubtful that he would have no idea where he was going. You don’t set a commitment date unless you’re pretty sure about your choice.

Believe everything I read? No. But usually assume a reporter that specializes in local recruiting and says neither school’s past signees lead to people can now determine Foster’s decision, I guess I take him for his word. Like I said, it was a simple question and reminded me of when McDermotts son redshirted to make room. If some on this board know more than Bain, then great. C’mon & join the good guys, Xavier!

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
You actually indicated that it was on an Illini board. I’ll give it to you… You’ve confused the heck out of me
I read someone saying, on a hawkeye board, that they know Fosters uncle (who posts on an Illini board) was indicating the information stated above. Again, gotta love message board speculation season!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
minor note on Evans Tuesdays recruiting mailbag about VT and Foster. Doubt Foster would go to VT but them getting Hall would seal it.

"P.J. Hall is priority No. 1, 2 and 3 for the Hokies. The four-star power forward just visited the ACC program last weekend and after canceling his visits to Georgia Tech and Tennessee, and with Florida now out of scholarships, his commitment this Thursday afternoon will come down to Clemson and Virginia Tech.
If he does choose the Tigers, the Hokies might wait things out further. They are not involved with a whole lot of others and wanted to make it evident to Hall that they were all-in on recruiting him for their power forward opening.
Xavier Foster does have the Hokies in his final four but it would be one of the fall shockers if he were to choose them."

He also speculates Pitt may jump in on Terry
"If Capel's program misses out on both, it could jump into the Jalen Terry sweepstakes following his Michigan State decommitment."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...sday-north-carolina-pitt-virginia-tech-kansas

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
minor note on Evans Tuesdays recruiting mailbag about VT and Foster. Doubt Foster would go to VT but them getting Hall would seal it.

"P.J. Hall is priority No. 1, 2 and 3 for the Hokies. The four-star power forward just visited the ACC program last weekend and after canceling his visits to Georgia Tech and Tennessee, and with Florida now out of scholarships, his commitment this Thursday afternoon will come down to Clemson and Virginia Tech.
If he does choose the Tigers, the Hokies might wait things out further. They are not involved with a whole lot of others and wanted to make it evident to Hall that they were all-in on recruiting him for their power forward opening.
Xavier Foster does have the Hokies in his final four but it would be one of the fall shockers if he were to choose them."

He also speculates Pitt may jump in on Terry
"If Capel's program misses out on both, it could jump into the Jalen Terry sweepstakes following his Michigan State decommitment."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...sday-north-carolina-pitt-virginia-tech-kansas

The Terry and Foster duo would be a good one for years if we could snag both.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
The Terry and Foster duo would be a good one for years if we could snag both.

I could be mistaken as my memory is getting worse with age, but did Terry and Foster visit on the same weekend last year? I doubt ISU would get both, but it would be incredible if they did!