****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No matter what school XF chooses, there will be at least one epic meltdown...:confused:
I would definitely be disappointed about not getting XF... however, the meltdown on here would be insurmountably less than the meltdown on a Hawkeye website. They are using a permanent marker to write his name down on the 2020 roster. It's not just the fans either, it's their beat writers as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and srjclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
completely agree. I think part of the excitement is that he is an in-state guy and it totally is big for us to land the top players when they are P6 caliber. I would love if he has developed into a legitimate stretch 4, and we could run out a line up with him and Conditt out there. I do think we are a bit of ways from that, and you are correct it's a huge benefit to have players in place so he isn't Forced to jump in and play right away.
Like someone already brought up.. His type of length and talent doesn't normally come to Iowa State. Sure we get some terrific guards and then have had some great 4's over the last 10 years, but we have yet to have a great 5 man. I'm not even specifying the type of 5 man, because there are different ones. He's a guy that Baylor usually gets and us Cyclone fans say "Where do they keep getting these guys?". Well we have one right here in our backyard, whose girlfriend also goes to Iowa State.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Like someone already brought up.. His type of length and talent doesn't normally come to Iowa State. Sure we get some terrific guards and then have had some great 4's over the last 10 years, but we have yet to have a great 5 man. I'm not even specifying the type of 5 man, because there are different ones. He's a guy that Baylor usually gets and us Cyclone fans say "Where do they keep getting these guys?". Well we have one right here in our backyard, whose girlfriend also goes to Iowa State.
Yeah, for sure. I'd say he is closer to an Isaiah Austin than a Taurean Prince, though.(offensive playing style wise) At least at this point.

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I would definitely be disappointed about not getting XF... however, the meltdown on here would be insurmountably less than the meltdown on a Hawkeye website. They are using a permanent marker to write his name down on the 2020 roster. It's not just the fans either, it's their beat writers as well.

You new here?

• Funny
Reactions: Cydkar

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You new here?
Well sort of, but I'm just going by the fact that not only do Hawkeye fans firmly believe he's coming there, Iowa's writers are essentially saying the same thing so the fans are having their beliefs talked right back to them. So yes I do think it'll be worse for Iowa fans than us.

Also, as a program overall, we're in a better position to not land Xavier Foster. I do really want him but if he chooses to go somewhere else, our program isn't drastically hurt. Iowa seems to have all of their eggs into his basket and if he doesn't go there, I'm not sure what they're going to do.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
On 247 all the crystal balls have Xavier Foster going to Iowa.

If he picks Iowa, all I can tell him is.... good luck. How anyone, besides Fran's sons of course, would want to play for Fran is beyond me.... but everyone is unique.

Some kids would rather play for a crazy maniac with a terrible temper.... and some prefer a calmer more collected and patient coach that puts more people in the NBA too.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I doubt a lot of people watched much Pac 12 basketball the past few years, but I think Foster will be a similar player to what Bennie Boatwright was at USC; only taller. Not to start his career right away because Boatwright was a really good player, but I can see him being that by his Junior year.

Reactions: Doc

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
On 247 all the crystal balls have Xavier Foster going to Iowa.

If he picks Iowa, all I can tell him is.... good luck. How anyone, besides Fran's sons of course, would want to play for Fran is beyond me.... but everyone is unique.

Some kids would rather play for a crazy maniac with a terrible temper.... and some prefer a calmer more collected and patient coach that puts more people in the NBA too.

I agree as that makes me nervous too, but all but one pick is from last year. The one pick from July is a Hawk insider. Will be interesting to see what happens a few days before he announces. I wonder why there is only one CB on Blackwell?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I agree as that makes me nervous too, but all but one pick is from last year. The one pick from July is a Hawk insider. Will be interesting to see what happens a few days before he announces. I wonder why there is only one CB on Blackwell?
I would imagine that why Blackwell only has one cb is due to him being VERY tight lipped during his recruitment. Most of the analysts only put in a cb when they hear something from a coach, parent or the kid himself. I'd guess that we'll either see a flood of prediction come in tomorrow, or none at all.

With Foster, most analysts know that the two favorites are ISU and TOE, but they don't have any reason to be firm about a CB.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I honestly believe some of Xavier Foster's crystal balls are people wishful thinking his commitment to Iowa into existence. No doubt Xavier Foster has had a good time on his visits, and I'm sure he's told reporters and coaches he likes it there, so some of those people are going to make their guesses, and that's exactly what those crystal balls are.. guesses.

Now, I'm not saying Xavier Foster won't go to Iowa, because you really never know what's going through the minds of these kids. What I will say and what I know is that Xavier was constantly in Ames throughout this entire summer. He was hanging with his girlfriend, working out, etc. A couple of weeks ago he even played pickup in Ames with some college kids. Xavier (and his father) want to choose the best route that can put Xavier into the NBA. By pure logic and facts, Iowa State is by far the superior choice for achieving that dream. The exposure he will receive in a Cyclone uniform is 10x greater than if he was wearing a Hawkeye uniform.

We'll see how everything turns out, but I'm pretty confident that he'll be wearing cardinal and gold next season.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Interesting, though probably meaningless observation; I noticed XF wasn't wearing any hok gear on his visit there this w/e. Seems like he always has an ISU shirt or something on when he's in Ames. Or my memory is playing tricks on me.

Reactions: casey1973

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Interesting, though probably meaningless observation; I noticed XF wasn't wearing any hok gear on his visit there this w/e. Seems like he always has an ISU shirt or something on when he's in Ames. Or my memory is playing tricks on me.

That doesn't matter. What matters is if he waived to the kids or not.

Help Support Us

Become a patron