****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I get UNC and Arizona. They have a good payment plan and compete for National Titles. However, Cal? Cal has been worse than the worst the last few years. They have leading scorers that would not even start at Iowa State. In fact I think Drake would be more of a basketball school right now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I get UNC and Arizona. They have a good payment plan and compete for National Titles. However, Cal? Cal has been worse than the worst the last few years. They have leading scorers that would not even start at Iowa State. In fact I think Drake would be more of a basketball school right now.

Dem endorsements doh

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I don't think it is stating he is visiting, but rather they are visiting him tonight. Just interest on their part for all we know.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

I'm not sure how Arizona gets this reputation. It's been almost 20 years since their last Final Four.

Reactions: isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Because they always get good talent, went to the elite 8 a few times recently, won a title in the last 20 years. That's how.

We have very different definitions of "competing for national titles".

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Didn't see this one coming

A bit curious, though Blackwell was a looking like a priority early in the summer and was on record as wanting to take a visit.
I think the staff has made it clear they would like to add a SF with recruitment of Walton and Grant-Foster. Blackwell would fit well, and makes sense with Walton's visits being set to blue bloods and the staff deciding to pass on Sibley.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Interesting seeing Halsted thinks we could take two more if Dudley commits. I know there will be guaranteed attrition but 2 would be surprising. Means they also think we have a shot at some big fish yet as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Have always liked Blackwell but didn't think they were still recruiting him because it has been so quiet. Although, to be fair, this staff is pretty quiet with all their recruiting.
Interesting that Halsted thinks they would take two more. I have a hard time believing it would be two more in the Fall.

Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting seeing Halsted thinks we could take two more if Dudley commits. I know there will be guaranteed attrition but 2 would be surprising. Means they also think we have a shot at some big fish yet as well.

I think we’ll see it more. Prohm has acknowledged that spring recruiting of transfers is getting increasingly difficult and that fall recruiting is going to have to be our base. Spring recruiting this year was probably an A and shouldn't be the expectation moving forward. Wouldn't surprise me if we had attrition mid-year this year considering Bolton wasn't ruled eligible until after the semester started, and he's likely to take some serious PT from some guys.