****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Bossi’s Picks are on rivals but I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. 90% of his picks are the day of commitment he either changes or doesn’t pick till the last minute. Hopefully this means XF is close to making a decision though. Like a week or two out.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I want the staff to get the kids they really want, but if a kid chooses to play for fran rather than prohm, I don't think there's too much you can do about it. the two coaches (and programs) couldn't be more different.

Why would anybody even want to play with that clown and those noob-tier guards?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I want the staff to get the kids they really want, but if a kid chooses to play for fran rather than prohm, I don't think there's too much you can do about it. the two coaches (and programs) couldn't be more different.

My theory is that players that pick Fran aren’t too bright. As such, I don’t want them. If Xavier picks Iowa, good luck to him, but it’s pretty stupid based on 10 years of evidence.

D

Deleted member 8507

Foster's dream has always been to play on a team made up completely of power forwards.
Well, I read in the DM recruiting article today that Iowa has another 6-10 center/power forward coming for an official the same weekend as XF. Maybe he will get that dream.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My theory is that players that pick Fran aren’t too bright. As such, I don’t want them. If Xavier picks Iowa, good luck to him, but it’s pretty stupid based on 10 years of evidence.

Their facilities suck. Carver-Hawkeye is a trash heap.

Fran -- and not an Iowa State fan speaking here, just a decently observant human being -- comes off as a total ******* every time I see anything about him.

Despite this, unlike some other known misanthropes and malcontents (e.g., Izzo or Frank Martin, or even Coach K or Huggy Bear), he has little success to point to at this level. I would tolerate Izzo chewing on me to win national titles, but to go <0.500 in the Big Ten?

He has no record developing guys and very little record placing guys in the NBA. I really do not see the appeal. There seems to be neither a "fun" factor or a "tough but fair" one.

Yeah, no thanks. I do not know why you would want to go there.

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
Their facilities suck. Carver-Hawkeye is a trash heap.

Fran -- and not an Iowa State fan speaking here, just a decently observant human being -- comes off as a total ******* every time I see anything about him.

Despite this, unlike some other known misanthropes and malcontents (e.g., Izzo or Frank Martin, or even Coach K or Huggy Bear), he has little success to point to at this level. I would tolerate Izzo chewing on me to win national titles, but to go <0.500 in the Big Ten?

He has no record developing guys and very little record placing guys in the NBA. I really do not see the appeal. There seems to be neither a "fun" factor or a "tough but fair" one.

Yeah, no thanks. I do not know why you would want to go there.
The only good reason to play for Fran is the knowledge that you will not be recruited over the following year. That and he may promise you a starting spot before you even get to campus.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
or win 40% of your Big 8 games and get a statue......and get yelled at by the VEISHA drunks in front of your own house, That's respect.

You could always cover up rapes and assaults, like your football coach, and ad have. Kirk will have a statue for it too.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The only good reason to play for Fran is the knowledge that you will not be recruited over the following year. That and he may promise you a starting spot before you even get to campus.

I do not know how a college coach can in good faith say this. Or if any recruit would be dumb enough to believe it. We are all playing for our spot in life every day. That is how life works.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I do not know how a college coach can in good faith say this. Or if any recruit would be dumb enough to believe it. We are all playing for our spot in life every day. That is how life works.

Fran is the Karen of NCAA basketball coaches. God forbid if anyone crosses lil' Tanner and get me the Manager now!