****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Getting an OV from Anderson in September for those freaking out about no news yet

Also in that article in case you missed it, 2020 Jayden Stone, ISU offered first on April 22nd.

"Stone told Rivals.com that Kansas State, Iowa State, Creighton, Rice, Georgetown, Murray State and Auburn have all offered. ISU became the first to do so earlier this year with Murray State and Auburn recently joining the fray. However, Michigan and Purdue have also begun to show interest, two programs that have enjoyed showcasing shot makers during their own recent string of success."

• Winner
Reactions: StratCY and baagoe

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Interesting …. good for him. Some proof he is back as a healthy basketball player.

Now we can start, is he committed or maybe more correctly can ISU now accept his commitment since he can play hoop? Need some clarity.
F5

I would love if we locked this kid down. He has huge upside

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Interesting …. good for him. Some proof he is back as a healthy basketball player.

Now we can start, is he committed or maybe more correctly can ISU now accept his commitment since he can play hoop? Need some clarity.
F5

This isn’t a basketball thing. Like Insaid before the situation described to me by people that would know is Lard 2.0. Family stuff, school stuff, trust stuff. It’s not about the injury.

• Informative
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: baagoe

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know Bain is reporting ISU isn't going to get involved in Mann which seemed odd to me considering Kane had recruited him at Dayton and Prohm offered right after hiring him. Guess we'll see, Tre noting that ISU offered him so I would think they are in contact. Plus we know Prohm is always targeting PG's.

"Tre Mann gets new interest, after opening up his recruitment
Each 1 Teach 1’s Tre Mann was not expecting to play this July and in anticipation cut his list down to three schools -- Kansas, Florida and Tennessee. But during the first period, Mann opted to reopen his recruitment.
“I’m wide open just looking at schools, building relationships, I don’t have a set date for anything anymore, that’s out of the picture,” Mann said of his reopened recruitment.
What’s he looking for in a school?
“It’s really just the relationship with the coaches,” Mann said. “The school is just extra for me like when I go see the campus and stuff like that, it’s really just the relationships.”
Mann has recently received new offers from NC State and Iowa State and received a phone call from North Carolina’s Roy Williams."

https://247sports.com/college/baske...rylines-from-the-Best-of-the-South-119996229/

Also noted in the article is BJ Boston another recent offer, he is really getting attention for his recent play.

"BJ Boston drops 52 points in a game
On Thursday night, AOT’s Top 2020 prospect erupted for an incredible 52-point performance in a win over EAB. BJ Boston, who ranks No. 14 in the 247Sports Composite, showcased all of his talent.
Boston, scored it in a variety of ways, from transition windmill dunks, post-ups, one and two-dribble pull-ups, deep threes well beyond the three-point line and seemed to be living at the free throw line. EAB had no answer for stopping the 6-6 wing out of Atlanta.
Boston is a intriguing prospect loaded with upside. He has great size and length for a wing to go with high level athleticism. Offensively, he is talented and has shown that he can score in a variety of ways. On the defensive end, he has the potential to be a versatile defender due to his physical tools."

Reactions: Aclone and CyTwins

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014

K-State just offered the kid I mentioned above. I fell like it’s only a matter of time before we do as well.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Reminder until a prospect signs the recruitment never stops. Not sure Diante Smith's commitment to Bama was a full two weeks. Joke aside if he's having reservations better for him to reopen his recruitment now and see his options, hopefully one is ISU.
https://247sports.com/college/alaba...-Diante-Smith-reopens-recruitment--120031991/

https://247sports.com/Player/Diante-Smith-46036729

I really hope basketball recruiting doesn't start trending to this being common like it is with football recruiting

• Agree
Reactions: ruflosn

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I really hope basketball recruiting doesn't start trending to this being common like it is with football recruiting
Things tend to get worse before they get better so I fully expect it to trend that way.